Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak 400CN in Praktica EES with Flektogon 2.8/20MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Kodak 400CN in Praktica EES with Flektogon 2.8/20MC Reply with quote

Bratislava, old Market Hall

Shot with f16, round 1/1000s. Free Lab scan.
Praktica EE2 is one of the few Pentacon made m42 mount AE (semiauto) cameras.

Last edited by darmodej on Mon May 10, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tonal rendition ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Very nice tonal rendition ...

..was quite supprised that the dynamic range was captured this well, wanted to sell my digital for a while (:

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I see color shades? Is that on purpose?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:

..hmm, no idea, the image is in grayscale

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darmodej wrote:
eeyore_nl wrote:

It is raw scans without PP, right? Then I think that it's due color processing... those C41 film has every time some color cast. I use XP2 bw film and every time scans tends to sepia tone. For this reason I turn them to grayscale for true bw feel which I like more.

...and great dynamic range. It was caused by antireflect layers?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
darmodej wrote:
eeyore_nl wrote:

It is raw scans without PP, right? Then I think that it's due color processing... those C41 film has every time some color cast. I use XP2 bw film and every time scans tends to sepia tone. For this reason I turn them to grayscale for true bw feel which I like more.

...and great dynamic range. It was caused by antireflect layers?

did PP it a bit, grayscaled 1st, i'm a bit colorblind, dont see color in the posted pic.

This particulat flek has purplish coating on front element.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan, I can see a faint colour cast too. The image is in RGB, not greyscale. I agree with spleenone about the film and the colour in your image comes from scanning it in colour mode. If you convert the image to greyscale you'll see the difference I should think.

Lovely picture of Bratislava, thankyou. The large size looks fantastic. Is it necessary to use "electric" lenses with this camera?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter, thanks, you are right, i see it also now (: ..tried openin & coverting, thought i did it before ...looks better to me with the warm tone.

The electric lenses switch the camera to open (full apperture) metering (you can use auto mode of lens) but work also with non electric lenses - the Flek used is not electric.

peterqd wrote:
Jan, I can see a faint colour cast too. The image is in RGB, not greyscale. I agree with spleenone about the film and the colour in your image comes from scanning it in colour mode. If you convert the image to greyscale you'll see the difference I should think.

Lovely picture of Bratislava, thankyou. The large size looks fantastic. Is it necessary to use "electric" lenses with this camera?