Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkors on EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Nikkors on EOS Reply with quote

Going to visit a seller of some Nikkor lenses later on this morning. Are there adaptation issues re: flange distance/registration if i bought some for use on my EOS?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they are the old ones with the aperture ring on the lens, you should be okay. I have a few Nikon manual focus lenses and they work perfectly. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon lens works like a charm on eos, for me

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris.

Last edited by 7ONE on Fri May 28, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent

egidio wrote:
nikon lens works like a charm on eos, for me

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual focus Nikkors work fine for me on 5D1! (with Nikon-EOS adapter, of course) No problem with infinity focus.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why all my Chinese Nik->EOS don't focus to infinity by wide lenses, when I set o infinity anything is soft. There some one help me modify them?

THanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuananhmap wrote:
I don't know why all my Chinese Nik->EOS don't focus to infinity by wide lenses, when I set o infinity anything is soft. There some one help me modify them?

THanks.

My Chinese nikon->eos adaptor works well with all the nikon wide i tried on 350D and 40D(not at full open).

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuananhmap wrote:

THanks.

Hi tuananhmap, buying new adapters might be less trouble and less expensive. If not reach infinity, adapter is too thick. Can sometimes be sanded thinner enough. Adapter should hold Nikkor lens 2.5mm from EOS EF mount. Measure with calipers. Which nikkor lens(es) have problem?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Fotodiox consumer grade adapters and haven't had infinity focus problems with the Nikons I have. They're a little spendier but I get them the week I ordered them and they are very solidly built. I think it's worth the premium for the quality I get from them.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor work great on EOS bodies.
There might be some wide angle lenses that need a cut-off of the aperture control lever or something when used on a 5D.

The ones I had/have (20,24,35,50,55,85,135) worked well with that trick.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Siriusdogstar,
I bought 3 adapters in 3 times but they get one problem is can't focus infinity. But now you let me know distance from Nik lense and mount is 2,5mm , I can modify a little .

Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that some of the cheaper adapters are too THIN and lenses may focus PAST infinity, causing bluriness...

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use all my nikkors on my 40D without problem. That includes AF versions - but used manually of course.

patrickh