Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD - Gone to the :twisted: bay - SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Gone to the :twisted: bay - SOLD Reply with quote

CURRENT STATUS:

RARE ZEBRA Mir 3 - 65/3.5 for Hasselblad/Kiev88 on ebay: Click here to see on Ebay -> $53 / 8h 15min left

RARE Helios 44-2 in 44-3 finish:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $22,50 / 4h 22min left

Carl Zeiss Tevidon 10/2:
SOLD

Helios 44-3 - M42 mount:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $31 / 4.5 hrs left

Helios 44-3 - M42 mount:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $30 / 4.5 hrs left

Carl Zeiss Tele Tessar HFT 135/4:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $80 / 5 hrs left

INDUSTAR 61 LZ - M42 mount:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $71 / 7.5 hrs left

Excellent condition Zebra Pentacon 135/2.8:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $60 / 3.5 hrs left

As Jiri (no-X) said a few days ago ... I was selling them to our forum members for cheaper! And ebay makes the profit! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Hari on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of adapter is needed for the tevidon ?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heathcliff wrote:
what kind of adapter is needed for the tevidon ?

I was informed that this is the carl zeiss bayonet mount so u'd need a bayonet->c-mount adapter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Gone to the :twisted: bay Reply with quote

[quote="Hari"]
Crying or Very sad i feel like i'm abandoning them Confused
quote]

Sorry Hari, but my feelings are that I'd rather be buying this from you at an agreed price on this forum. What's the point of announcing Ebay sales here when we can't complete a transaction?? This is supposed to be THE marketplace with prices clearly stated.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you missed this....

http://forum.mflenses.com/gotta-sell-many-cheap-and-good-deals-cos-i-need-the-t28736.html

Quote:

Sorry Hari, but my feelings are that I'd rather be buying this from you at an agreed price on this forum. What's the point of announcing Ebay sales here when we can't complete a transaction?? This is supposed to be THE marketplace with prices clearly stated.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:

http://forum.mflenses.com/gotta-sell-many-cheap-and-good-deals-cos-i-need-the-t28736.html

I'd agree. I'm sorry. I'll follow the auction now, but as everyone is now discovering, Ebay has got silly. People using bid-sniping services are distorting prices. Sniping services put an almost unlimited final bid in withing a couple of seconds of the end.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:

Quote:

-> Thanks Xpres! Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:
Xpres wrote:

I'd agree. I'm sorry. I'll follow the auction now, but as everyone is now discovering, Ebay has got silly. People using bid-sniping services are distorting prices. Sniping services put an almost unlimited final bid in withing a couple of seconds of the end.

Mistakes happen.

To err is human .... to really fcuk it all up, you need a computer Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gone to the :twisted: bay Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:

I agree, and having had 64k shaped broadband at work to share between the 12 of us, my father-in-law (with schizophrenia staying with us) and a stuffed up back, I've just looked on here to find I can't complete transactions with him because he's sold more of the lenses I was going to buy from him to someone else. I understand the need for cash, but I'm feeling a little bit ripped off. Hari I had looked forward to doing business with you, but the goalposts seem to be moving too far and too fast. A little communication from you expressing that you were about to sell to someone else wouldn't have gone amiss, before I spent hours talking to my wife about exactly how many of the lenses you were selling we could afford to buy to help you out.

John.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Gone to the :twisted: bay Reply with quote

[quote=""

..[/quote]

I agree, and having had 64k shaped broadband at work to share between the 12 of us, my father-in-law (with schizophrenia staying with us) and a stuffed up back, I've just looked on here to find I can't complete transactions with him because he's sold more of the lenses I was going to buy from him to someone else. I understand the need for cash, but I'm feeling a little bit ripped off. Hari I had looked forward to doing business with you, but the goalposts seem to be moving too far and too fast. A little communication from you expressing that you were about to sell to someone else wouldn't have gone amiss, before I spent hours talking to my wife about exactly how many of the lenses you were selling we could afford to buy to help you out.

John.[/quote]

Hi John,

Glad you finally wrote back!

Too bad it's a public display of affection you choose ... well, so be it Smile

I really would've PM'ed you but different people, different approaches I guess.

So, what have I been accused of:

"[quote="Froggeh"]
luke cern wrote:

I agree, and having had ...."

I like how you selectively ignored what happened next ->

Xpres wrote:

[quote="luke cern"]

"I agree, and having had 64k shaped broadband at work to share between the 12 of us"

- But this wouldn't affect the performance of your HTC mobile phone with internet access, right? ->

"John Hancock to me
show details May 22 (8 days ago)
Whats the price on the 1B?

Sent from my HTC"

I have a HTC mobile phone too and I surf a lot on it. Most of my emails/questions_replies to the topics@the Forum are written from it.

"I've just looked on here to find I can't complete transactions with him because he's sold more of the lenses I was going to buy from him to someone else."

->
sorry John but I didn't selectively offer them lenses as you try to make it appear. I wrote all of them down in the same post and whatever got sold first got sold first.

If you hadn't read my post I would've understood your stand point but since you obviously did read the post, I wonder why you're trying to make me look like the bad guy!! I was the one waiting for you to reply!! Even a one liner from your phone wud've been ok. Anyway, here's the post where everything was listed, all at the same time ->

Do notice the first line Smile

I agree, and having had 64k shaped broadband at work to share between the 12 of us, my father-in-law (with schizophrenia staying with us) and a stuffed up back

->

You're well aware of my health issues Shocked

Again, I don't like 'public display of affection' but since you're trying to make me look bad, I have no choice to but show things as they really happened. Not just your version of the truth.

->

DementedJesus to jhancock
show details May 14

Hi John,

So we're brothers in pain and mf lenses!

I have a problem with my sciatic nerve and sometimes it's impossible to walk/sit and I have to lie down and pop in some muscle relaxants which feels like im on 15 beers :/

And of course, between paying 48% income tax and medical bills, I have to keep selling parts of my collection to pay the bills ... I want to sell the D90 and get the D3s as I had a successful assignment and some money will come in soon. But it wont be enough so i have to sell some more lenses to raise the rest of the money ... painful to see my collection dwindle down :/

"I understand the need for cash, but I'm feeling a little bit ripped off."

"A little communication from you expressing that you were about to sell to someone else wouldn't have gone amiss"

->

On 22 May 2010 00:40, DementedJesus <dementedjesus> wrote:
Hi John,

Haven't heard back from you ... are you still interested?

There's stuff I've ordered which i need to pay for and I'm hoping for a speedy transaction.

Regards,
Hari

DementedJesus to John
show details May 25 (5 days ago)
Hi John,

Could you kindly let me know if you're interested or not? I have to pay for some other stuff and the sellers are not so patient!

Take care,
Hari

"Hari I had looked forward to doing business with you, but the goalposts seem to be moving too far and too fast."

-> So did I John! But sorry, there were no goalposts that moved too far.
We concretely discussed about 7 lenses. No more, no less.

"Since I can't offer my only copy of the 24h, I offer my hard to find 'Flektogon silver 35/2.8 1Q' - 8 blade version (1Q lenses are rated by Carl Zeiss as the ultimate for quality)

The body is in good condition, smooth focussing, the aperture movement is perfect, glass has no scratches but it could use a cleaning as there is a slight fog inside the lens

to summarize the lenses up for sale:

MC Helios 44-3 - €30
MC Helios 44-5 - €30
MC Helios 44-7 - €15

MC Pentacon electric 50/1.8 - €35
MC Pentacon electric 135/2.8 - €50

Industar 61 L/Z - €45
Carl Zeiss Flektogon 1Q 35/2.8 - €75"

And, the reason why i'm writing this reply to you is exactly because it was way too slow for my situation and not too fast!!!

"before I spent hours talking to my wife about exactly how many of the lenses you were selling we could afford to buy to help you out."

->
If I didn't need to money, i'd have given all the lenses to you for free just for saying you really wanted to help me.

I'm sincerely thankful for your help John. Really, I am and i'm not being sarcastic. If only you hadn't made this such a reality show.

But, different people, different approaches I guess.

Sorry everybody but I had to do this in public to clear my situation.

Now I don't feel like an ungrateful puppy anymore.

@John: I hope we can get over this and still be friends
Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're missing at least one email from my phone (26 May 0405 AEST). I don't usually /think/ to email from my phone, as I've only just got SMTP working properly, but I have tried not to leave too much of a lag between emails. Obviously you're in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe (from the name I'm guessing the first), while I'm on the other side of the world.

You didn't tell me that you were also posting the list of lenses you were offering me privately by email (because understandably I was too late for the one I was originally interested in) in the marketplace. I don't visit here every day. I know you needed to sell them asap.

You can probably understand why I posted here, when I found what I thought was a private selling conversation because you needed cash was actually a duplicate of a forum-wide offering because you needed cash. I know the buying timeline was slower than you wanted - you might be better off dealing with people who are in your timezone and don't have financial constraints when considering a selection of unexpected purchases.

Mad

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froggeh wrote:
Looks like you're missing at least one email from my phone (26 May 0405 AEST). I don't usually /think/ to email from my phone, as I've only just got SMTP working properly, but I have tried not to leave too much of a lag between emails. Obviously you're in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe (from the name I'm guessing the first), while I'm on the other side of the world.

You didn't tell me that you were also posting the list of lenses you were offering me privately by email (because understandably I was too late for the one I was originally interested in) in the marketplace. I don't visit here every day. I know you needed to sell them asap.

You can probably understand why I posted here, when I found what I thought was a private selling conversation because you needed cash was actually a duplicate of a forum-wide offering because you needed cash. I know the buying timeline was slower than you wanted - you might be better off dealing with people who are in your timezone and don't have financial constraints when considering a selection of unexpected purchases.

Mad

"[quote="Froggeh"]Looks like you're missing at least one email from my phone (26 May 0405 AEST). I don't usually /think/ to email from my phone, as I've only just got SMTP working properly, but I have tried not to leave too much of a lag between emails. Obviously you're in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe (from the name I'm guessing the first), while I'm on the other side of the world."

->
Hi John, never got that email which disappeared into the vortex of cyberspace.
I'm in Heidelberg, Germany but the name is Indian. Spicy Indian from Asia, not the native Indian from N. America.

"You didn't tell me that you were also posting the list of lenses you were offering me privately by email (because understandably I was too late for the one I was originally interested in) in the marketplace. I don't visit here every day. I know you needed to sell them asap."

->
As you might have noticed by now, I had not intended to post them here. As you correctly mention, this whole thing started as a private email discussion and would have probably concluded so too if it weren't for the radio silence.

"I know you needed to sell them asap."
->
Then, my friend, a one liner to ask me to wait a little longer would have sufficed. Wouldn't you expect the same from your buyer?

No replies don't communicate anything to me. Neither positive, nor negative.

I'm anyway out of continent, on a business trip at the moment and things are more difficult while on the move. Atleast for me.

"You can probably understand why I posted here, when I found what I thought was a private selling conversation because you needed cash was actually a duplicate of a forum-wide offering because you needed cash."

->
Sorry but not true. Check the dates.

Our private discussion started on the 12th of may.

The post on the forum was created on the 26th of may.

Our private discussion:
"New Private Message has arrived
Inbox X
from info@mflenses.com
reply-to jhancock@identity.net.au
to dementedjesus@gmail.com
date Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM
subject New Private Message has arrived
mailed-by p3nlhg191.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
hide details May 12

Hello Hari,

Member Froggeh from Manual Focus Lenses have just send you a new private message to your account, and you have requested that you be notified on this event. The content of the message is as follow:
Hi Hari,"

The post on the forum:
"Wed May 26, 2010 3:43 pm Post subject: Gotta sell! Many cheap and good deals cos I need the $€¥£"

"I know the buying timeline was slower than you wanted - you might be better off dealing with people who are in your timezone "

->
Sorry but i'm sure almost all the members cannot agree to this with so many successful transactions being carried out across the globe, pretty quickly!

This was just one incident where some delay creeped up and the seller had some other timelines to meet.

"and don't have financial constraints when considering a selection of unexpected purchases."

->
I think you're talking about most of us here.

And our addiction to MFlenses Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: for sale, not for sale, for sale, can't decide !!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Everyone's point of view is worth considering and I think that the main issue here is about the conflict between sales channels. The idea behind the SELL section of the MFforum is that it be filled with items that can be bought without reverting to another sales channel such as Ebay. However, We appreciate that sellers do want to get their items moved and after a period on MFLenses, they may feel the need to place the items on auctions on Ebay. It's not a good idea to run an MFLenses post AND an auction at the same time!!!
What sellers should do is CLOSE (or lock) the MFLenses post with a single link to Ebay so that no further offers or discussion can take place.

On the same tack, no-one should post anything or information about items that they don't own. There are all sorts of problems associated with giving advice to others about sales listings thay have simply discovered anywhere in the world. Some Ebay transactions end up with fraud and no-one here should be recommending Ebay sellers that they have discovered but about whom they know nothing.

Just take a look at the current postings on MF Lenses and count up how many items are really available to buy today. Not many!! If you have something to sell and place it on MFLenses, you should be in a position to accept a notification and payment and send the goods without any delay. If not, then the item isn't genuinely available in the way that the forum SELL section should be working and shouldn't be listed. Or the listing should have a ClOSED announcement. Waiting for sellers to decide if they are serious about selling is just a waste of time.

Sorry guys, but this part of the excellent MFLenses site needs to be cleaned up!

Last edited by luke cern on Sun May 30, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
CURRENT STATUS:

RARE ZEBRA Mir 3 - 65/3.5 for Hasselblad/Kiev88 on ebay: Click here to see on Ebay -> $53 / 8h 15min left

RARE Helios 44-2 in 44-3 finish:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $22,50 / 4h 22min left

Carl Zeiss Tevidon 10/2:
SOLD

Helios 44-3 - M42 mount:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $31 / 4.5 hrs left

Helios 44-3 - M42 mount:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $30 / 4.5 hrs left

Carl Zeiss Tele Tessar HFT 135/4:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $80 / 5 hrs left

Click here to see on Ebay -> $71 / 7.5 hrs left

Excellent condition Zebra Pentacon 135/2.8:
Click here to see on Ebay -> $60 / 3.5 hrs left

As Jiri (no-X) said a few days ago ... I was selling them to our forum members for cheaper! And ebay makes the profit! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: for sale, not for sale, for sale, can't decide !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:
Everyone's point of view is worth considering and I think that the main issue here is about the conflict between sales channels. The idea behind the SELL section of the MFforum is that it be filled with items that can be bought without reverting to another sales channel such as Ebay. However, We appreciate that sellers do want to get their items moved and after a period on MFLenses, they may feel the need to place the items on auctions on Ebay. It's not a good idea to run an MFLenses post AND an auction at the same time!!!
What sellers should do is CLOSE (or lock) the MFLenses post with a single link to Ebay so that no further offers or discussion can take place.

On the same tack, no-one should post anything or information about items that they don't own. There are all sorts of problems associated with giving advice to others about sales listings thay have simply discovered anywhere in the world. Some Ebay transactions end up with fraud and no-one here should be recommending Ebay sellers that they have discovered but about whom they know nothing.

Just take a look at the current postings on MF Lenses and count up how many items are really available to buy today. Not many!! If you have something to sell and place it on MFLenses, you should be in a position to accept a notification and payment and send the goods without any delay. If not, then the item isn't available and shouldn't be listed. Or the listing should have a ClOSED announcement. Waiting for sellers to decide if they are serious about selling is just a waste of time.

Sorry guys, but this part of the excellent MFLenses site needs to be cleaned up!

Sorry, who are you?! As far as I am aware, most transactions work very well here thankyou very much! This is a community NOT a retail site, if you want to buy and get your product quickly and with protection, buy on ebay.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: This is a community, not a retail site. Reply with quote

I aboslutely agree!!! That's why it should be a place where buyers and sellers can meet and transact without worrying if the same item is going to become part of a bidding war on Ebay (which is a retail site that I avoid), because auctions lead to over-inflated prices.

Who am I. Well I'm a member of this community. I'm a mature person in the UK. I'm a University lecturer with sense. I'm pretty well informed about risk. I spend considerable amounts of money on photographic equipment. I'm pleased I found MFLenses because it is really helpful. I'm looking to get some more manual lenses. I'm one of the "good guys".

So, perhaps you've misunderstood my reasons for making the comments I made.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: This is a community, not a retail site. Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:
I aboslutely agree!!! That's why it should be a place where buyers and sellers can meet and transact without worrying if the same item is going to become part of a bidding war on Ebay (which is a retail site that I avoid), because auctions lead to over-inflated prices.

Who am I. Well I'm a member of this community. I'm a mature person in the UK. I'm a University lecturer with sense. I'm pretty well informed about risk. I spend considerable amounts of money on photographic equipment. I'm pleased I found MFLenses because it is really helpful. I'm looking to get some more manual lenses. I'm one of the "good guys".

So, perhaps you've misunderstood my reasons for making the comments I made.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. But in reality, this is not a shop. This is a place for members to advertise their equipment to other forum members. Generally prices are a little bit cheaper than ebay, because as you say, there is no bidding war. Members would normally prefer to sell to other real photographers to keep the lenses in use. However, we must be realsitic. People selling kit need the money (or space!) and want to get rid of the stuff reasonably quickly. If there is no interest, the equipment goes to ebay.

It would be helpful if sellers updated their listings to relfect the fact that items have now been advertised on ebay, and the advert is no longer an offer. In the main, this happens. In this case, the seller started a new thread to say the same thing. Users can't lock their own threads.

What I objected to is a new member coming here and ripping the forum to pieces. As far as I am aware there are very few problems with buying and selling here, and most users send their equipment to ebay once the advert fails to attract a sale.

Anyway, hopefully we can draw a line under this now and get on with the passion we all share Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: for sale, not for sale, for sale, can't decide !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:

Posting links to kit that members might be interested in is a well-established part of the Marketplace. It's up to buyers to act as adults and assess the risks. Not for you to come in and shout about it being a 'bad idea'.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: as before Reply with quote

Unfortunately humans do not (always) act rationally. They allow their emotions to override their common sense. It's a well proven fact of life. Risk only becomes real when you make your first big mistake and lose an amount that you really can't afford.. Just like being young and driving irresponsibly. It's great fun at the time and you don't want anyone to spoil your fun.

I know you are all well meaning, but this forum will inevitably grow and it won't remain the small group of friendly participants who know each other. The same happened on Ebay. I was involved in Ebay US from the outset in the mid 90's. Seemed OK at the time, and it was! Same with Facebook and we know where that has led. Same with internet chat rooms.
I'm wasn't insisting on anything, but I think you'll find that there are others who have similar thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lesson being, it's a big bad world. Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows that.