Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: MIR 1-B 37/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: FS: MIR 1-B 37/2.8 Reply with quote

I would call this lens mint. It has the container and the cap. There is no paintloss that I can see, apart from the thread. That shows that the lens must have been screwed on once or twice.

The glass is clear, no scratches, fungus, dust or haze.

I borrowed this review from this site:

Mir-1B 37mm F2.8 M42 Lens Review
This is one of the legendary Russian lenses. Made on the base of Flektogon but tweaked by the Russians this lens and other Russian lenses issued in 1958 were awarded in Brussels Show with the prestigious "Grand Prix" award. On the other side Mir-1B has very controversial state among photographers. One awe it, others hate it. The lens by itself is very well build. All metal finish, quality paint and robust construction. Image quality is great. The lens produces very snappy colors with great contrast. Wide open its sharpness is acceptable on but 5.6 and onward Mir becomes tack sharp. Bokeh is a little harsh in the highlights but it is a least of concern. Chromatic aberrations are very low to none but the lens easy catches flares so hood usage is recommended. As Flektogon derivate there is no distortion. The lens is ideal for shooting architecture. Mir is a great performer as a macro lens with extension tubes. To keep front protruded lens element clear from scratches and dust it is best to use UV filter. Mir-1b is small almost pocket size. This lens is one small Russian jewel that has an irreplaceable place in my photo bag.

(Written by Sqwall )

Here are the pics:

Price: € 50,00 plus shipping and/or PayPal fees.

I am known on Ebay as: bartnop You can check me out, I have 350 something feedback and 100% rating.

I live in The Netherlands.