Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Samyang 14 f/2.8 - Like New
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: FS: Samyang 14 f/2.8 - Like New Reply with quote

Review: http://www.lenstip.com/index.php?test=obiektywu&test_ob=239

Quote:
To tell you the truth when I look at the results of the improved Samyang I open my eyes wide with amazement. I don’t remember any other wide-angle lens reaching such high MTFs on the D3x or the D200. The Samyang, even wide open, has a very high MTF50 value, reaching 44 lpmm; by f/4.0-5.6 it achieves almost record-breaking results, amounting to 46-47 lpmm. It’s worth reminding here that the best and the most expensive lenses, tested on the D200, had results at the level of 47-48 lpmm but you must remember that the D200 sensor is able to produce results by 1-2 lpmm higher than the D3x sensor. The new Samyang fares simply sensationally in the frame centre! Its results are significantly higher than those of the Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8, so praised by us, set at 14 mm!

I purchased this lens on preorder when it was first announced. My first impressions of this lens were very favorable....however, it's just too wide for my tastes.

Lens Model: Samyang 14 f/2.8

Lens Body Condition: New - Less than 250 shots fired.

Lens Glass Condition: New - Less than 250 shots fired.

Sale Includes: Everything in the box + receipt for warranty purposes.

Price: $425 USD + 3% If paying with non-Gift option in PayPal.

Payments Accepted: Paypal

Possible Trades: None, I've got a prime lined up to buy.

Shipping Methods Available (Ships From): TN, U.S.A.

Shipping Available To: Anywhere

Best Contact Method: PM or E-mail @ Plasticmotif@yahoo.com

Feedback: Check the feedback thread on the Canon Forum(http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28608). I've probably bought and sold nearly $5,000 worth of gear in the past calendar year.

Reason for selling: Too wide for my tastes.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101% crop

Silly HDRs!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a glass issue, but i see the moiré. This lens must be really sharp!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed very, very sharp.

The lens has two downfalls. The distortion(which is honestly on par for most things in this range) and after taking several night shots, I've found it to flare against bright tungsten/halogen night lights. Only in long exposures. I don't know if this happens with every lens....I've not shot much at night. It will NOT flare against the sun.