Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to trigger portable flash unit with Synchro Compur?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: How to trigger portable flash unit with Synchro Compur? Reply with quote

I have: several Zeiss Super Ikontas and a Rolleicord with the Synchro Compur shutter and would like to find a way to trigger flashes like Nikon SB-800 when shooting with these noble machines.

- build/buy a sound trigger unit?
- any mechanical trigger I can make, with electronic switch to send signal?
- trigger SB-800 direct with a suitable cable from Rolleicord?

I'm completely spoiled by wireless remote-controlled flash units, having learnt flash use with them in the past 10 years and thus asking a question which is trivia for experienced photographers. I love the fingerprint and would really like to see what these noble machines can do now that I have a studio.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to keep the freedom of wireless, the most convenent is to use a cheap chinese trigger (aka "poverty wizard").

No need to buy the Nikon-dedicated, the simple PT-04 or CTR-301 are good enough. I use them for about 2 years in my home studio without problem (just change the batteries when they arrive, the cheap chinese ones are a tendency to cause some mis-firing).