Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

China's Rare Red Panda
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: China's Rare Red Panda Reply with quote

I have to admit that along with Sun Bear's and the original Giant Pandas themselves this is one of my favourite animals in this zoo.

These smallish (raccoon size perhaps ?) mammals are delightful. Very cute faces, non-aggressive, little fear of humans and fantastically agile climbers. There was a funny confrontation with a squirrel when the Red Panda climbed up one of the trees in their compound - with nowhere to go to get away from the Panda the squirrel jumped what must easily have been at least 15 - 20' (ca. 5-6m) on to the roof of the indoor housing to escape !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Panda

All but one shot is from yesterday's walk through the zoo with my wife, using K7 with an M42 MF CZJ Electric Sonnar 135/3.5

#1 - Spotted those berries !

#2 - Here I come !

#3 - The first mouthful

#4 - those look better, but will the branch take my weight !

#5 - and the second mouthful

#6 - a veritable banquet !

#7 - he (this one was slightly larger than what I assumed was the smaller female) was absolutely shattered and out of breath after all that climbing and hanging on small branches to get to the best berries !

#8 - A well deserved snooze after expending all that energy !

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Firefox, yeah ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute panda, great capture!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr thanks Carbon, I think Smile

Thank you Poilu !