Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Sonnar 300/4 (late black version) squirrels
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: CZJ Sonnar 300/4 (late black version) squirrels Reply with quote

Yum, it tastes sooooo good (most observant folks may find another squirrel somewhere in this picture):

This time they have help of airforce too:

Sorry about the quality - the light's been very bad for several days now Sad

Oh, the lens is the late "All Black" version of the P6-Sonnars.

Last edited by Anu on Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ Sonnar 300/4 helps them invade this forum too Reply with quote

Anu wrote:
Yum, it tastes sooooo good (most observant folks may find another squirrel somewhere in this picture):

Hi, can you tell me how this lens performs as far as CA and flaring goes? I've been debating getting so many times it's not even funny, but everytime it seems, I just can't get any conclusive data on the lens other than a few nice pictures...

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CZJ Sonnar 300/4 helps them invade this forum too Reply with quote

JohnBee wrote:
Anu wrote:

Hi, can you tell me how this lens performs as far as CA and flaring goes? I've been debating getting so many times it's not even funny, but everytime it seems, I just can't get any conclusive data on the lens other than a few nice pictures...

Flaring should not be a big deal, though I've never pointed the lens into sun. I've never noticed any flare-flaws in any images.

There are quite a bit of axial CA (bokeh CA), especially in hard light. It is best to keep busy backgrounds a bit further away from the subject than with for example some crazy expensive APO-lenses Smile

Please note that the above comment and the pictures were taken with the second to last CZJ 300mm Sonnar variant, and AFAIK, the last P6-variant. (the "light", maybe 1.5kg lens, not the 2+ kg older design, with more classical sonnar-like lens design).

In another new thread some samples of today with the older "Zebra" 300/4 Sonnar.