Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lots of Canon MF gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Lots of Canon MF gear Reply with quote

See my lists on several posts on the lens replacement thread. If I get no takers for trade for any of the many things I want for my Pentax gear I will start listing them on here For Sale. As a taste I have f1.4 lenses, universal mounts, A Meyer-Optik Telemegor 400 mm f5.5 which is a great piece of glass for trade! It is complete with hood and canon FD mount. The mount on this lens is interesting, it seems to be a Russian "A" mount at 49 or 49.5 mm and smooth with no threads on it. Never had a problem with it being solid on any of my Canon MF bodies. I hope I get some interest.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any photos of the 400mm?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Meyer 400mm f5.5 Reply with quote

No I haven't taken any recent photos of this lens but I will later today. I will take photos of it's mount and the adapter to Canon FD also. Can I aatach those to a pm to you?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just post those here directly, actually, that way other people could see them.

If you look in the post editor when you are typing a reply, there is a button on the upper right titled "Upload picture", which will upload them directly to the forum. It's pretty handy. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Meyer 400 Reply with quote

Post them here in this thread?? What pixel size of Jpeg will it take per picture? How many Jpegs can one put into the thread and how many total in the forum.?? Yes, I am newer to posting to this forum. How well does your Soligor 3X Teleconverter work?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a limit to how many you can upload, and I believe it will automatically resize them if they are too big. You can always try it, and if it doesn't work, you can send a PM to Attila, the site administrator.

The Soligor 3x TC actually works pretty well. It does degrade the image, and the 3x TCs cost you quite a bit in terms of light, so it is really only suitable for good daylight conditions with a camera that has good high-ISO performance. But it lets you get shots that were otherwise not possible, so I consider that a success. Cool

You can see one sample with it at:
http://forum.mflenses.com/best-shoot-taken-with-manual-focus-lenses-t12806,start,90.html#1021202
But note that I corrected CA in PTLens and contrast in GIMP, and that there was considerable atmospheric distortion from the long shot over water on a hot day. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Used a tripler once Reply with quote

Used a 3X behind the 400 f.5.5 once while in the mountains to take a photo of the top of Grand Teton mountain miles away. Too my surprise I caught the smoke from forest fires moving east over the mountain(13,770 odd feet) from fires on the Utah/Idaho side. It took a bit of PP to get it but then it jumped out at me. After all I did have a lot of sky in the photo too. I also was able to get good photos of the Glaciers on the mountain because it was fairly early morning yet so the sun was right. It is high enough on the north east shoulder of the mountain that it never melts, well not all the way as yet!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's fun to put it on and see what you can see. Wink

I tried taking photos of airplanes with it once, and had to take it off. I was getting in too close, and either couldn't keep the planes in the frame or couldn't see the whole plane!! Very Happy

There are several gallery sections here on the forum - if you have some good shots, feel free to post 'em. Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Alas no scanner Reply with quote

My film photo scans are few and far between plus they are all on some backup drive somewhere on not on this newer iMac. I will have to find them to post the few better ones. Like a lot of new digital shooters I have lots of frames that are not so hot in digital on this system. I will find things and post.