Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

58/1.2 Rokkor on eBay...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: 58/1.2 Rokkor on eBay... Reply with quote

What is the proper price for this lens (and is it any good?)? On eBay it is just under 200 euros, so for a moment I was thinking of buying it, but so far resisting temptation... maye someone else would like to buy it?

Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lovely lens, easily adaptable for full infinity on canon (i use it on unshaved 1ds2 and reaches infinity at f2), usually it used to go for around 400 usd (the buy it now price is really good but there's no info on what was modified in the back), the metal focusing ring supposedly is older version (radioactive), but is said to be sharper, i got the one with rubber focusing grip and is just amazing, wide open the bokeh is a bit busy, but nevertheless an awesome piece of glass, i liked more my old super takumar 50 1.4 (kind of a old style rendering that i can't define Smile ), but the colors and contrast of the rokkor are much better...

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this version best. The all metal focus ring is great.
My copy is sold. Now I have a later one. Hard to see much difference in performance honestly.
The older build is a bit nicer. Good price if it stays close.
As mentioned. These are easily converted for Eos .

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty good price for the lens nowadays, if it's in good condition. It used to be less than half that, but one can't compare the prices of three years ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Interesting note about the mount.... Reply with quote

Interesting...."(used on ) Canon 1Ds (with) basic M42->EOS adapter ". This implies that the lens is converted to M42 ??? If you'reinterested in it, you might want to ask the seller for a photo of the mount modification that was done. Otherwise, the price (even at Buy It Now) seems very reasonable.

I have a copy of this lens and it is magnificent on Olympus 4/3 bodies with a simple M/D to 4/3 mount converter.