Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y Zeiss APO-Telyt Nikon F4 & MF-24 Weltblick 135/1.8 e
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: C/Y Zeiss APO-Telyt Nikon F4 & MF-24 Weltblick 135/1.8 e Reply with quote

eBayed them all

rare collectible Nikon MF-24 film back 250 exposures bulk roll + Nikon MB-23
SOLD for EUR 1419.76 - Click here to see on Ebay

Leica APO-Telyt-R 180mm f/3.4
SOLD for EUR 661 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Voigtländer SL 180/4 APO-Lanthar Nikon N/Ai-S
SOLD for EUR 632 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Voigtländer Bessaflex TM black
SOLD for EUR 359.00 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Contax Zeiss S-Planar 60mm f/2.8 60/2.8 T*
SOLD for 322.68 EUR + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm f/4 black diamond version
SOLD for EUR 255.00 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Weltblick 135mm f/1.8 135/1.8 Leica R-mount - adaptable to others
SOLD for EUR 255.00 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 58/2 17-bladed
SOLD for EUR 189.50 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Nikon F4 SLR body with MB-20
SOLD for EUR 160 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Rollei A110 + 4 rolls of Superia 200 in 220 size
SOLD for EUR 56.50 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55/1.8 M42 + 49mm Vivitar circular polarizer filter
SOLD for EUR 26.00 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Voigtländer Bessa/Bessaflex side grip boxed
SOLD for EUR 19.00 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

adapter for M42 lens to Nikon mount
SOLD for EUR 11.50 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

adapter for M42 lens to Nikon mount, no infinity
SOLD for EUR 1.25 + shipping - Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by Esox lucius on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 27 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First link doesn't seem to work for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
First link doesn't seem to work for me.

Thank you for noticing - I fixed it

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent glass...
17 blades are massive...
Im burning myself not to place a bid...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: eBay: Bessaflex Flektogon APO-Lanthar Biotar 17-bladed e Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
All auctions starting at 0.99 EUR and there is no price reserve.

Voigtländer SL 180/4 APO-Lanthar Nikon N/Ai-S - the very sought after lens in original Nikon mount, boxed with manual.
Click here to see on Ebay

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm f/4 black diamond version - the rarest black version, cleaned lubed & adjusted for correct infinity.

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 58/2 17-bladed - pre-war design postwar manufactured version, cleaned lubed and adjusted.

Voigtländer Bessaflex TM black - SOLD Click here to see on Ebay

Voigtländer Bessa/Bessaflex side grip boxed - SOLD Click here to see on Ebay

Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55/1.8 M42 + 49mm Vivitar circular polarizer filter - filter with glide ring. Hard to beat price/quality -ratio with this Super-Takumar.

M42 extension ring set of three

Rollei A110 + 4 rolls of Superia 200 in 220 size

adapter for M42 lens to Nikon mount - optical adapter that allows infinity focus. This is a very good sample, see images taken with the one for sale here
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=%22optical+adapter%22&m=tags&w=50441299%40N00&s=int

adapter for M42 lens to Nikon mount - mechanical adapter, no infinity achieved

Auctions are ending on Sunday, May 23rd in the evening (European time, morning for the U.S.).

Hi Vilhelm,

Wanted to point this out before some other bidder on ebay (im bidding on it too) asks you ->

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 58/2 17-bladed - pre-war design postwar manufactured version, cleaned lubed and adjusted.

You mention 17 blades but the Flickr link you provided mentions 12 blades. Kindly make the correction on Flickr (only the last image in that set says 17 blades)

Regards,
Hari

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, I thought I had everything sorted out but that was a good observation. I removed the irrelevant photos from the set so as not to confuse sample surfers.

I had not tagged specifically where the 17-bladed was used, but had mistakenly added some 12-bladed sample images to the set (12-bladed were tagged). Everything is now arranged properly in the photoset.

The iris will determine the shape of bokeh highlights, but other than that most of the bokeh is determined by the lens construction. Biotar fans will love this compact design and the circular bokeh highlights - they're painted as bokeh balls not polygons.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added items to eBay, [b]APO-Telyt-R 180/3.4, C/Y Zeiss S-Planar 60/2.8, Weltblick 135/1.8 etc.

I have updated the first post in this topic, please scroll up for complete list of items for sale and links to corresponding eBay auctions.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Sat May 22, 2010 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: C/Y Zeiss APO-Telyt Flektogon APO-Lanthar Biotar 17-blad Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Is this lens aluminum or chromed brass?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: C/Y Zeiss APO-Telyt Flektogon APO-Lanthar Biotar 17-blad Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm f/4 black diamond version - the rarest black version, cleaned lubed & adjusted for correct infinity.

Hi Wilhelm, I'm going to buy this one from you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: C/Y Zeiss APO-Telyt Flektogon APO-Lanthar Biotar 17-blad Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
Hi Wilhelm, I'm going to buy this one from you. Very Happy

Great! Good luck with your bid! There are now 117 eBayers watching the Flek 4/20 auction. APO-Lanthar has 103 eBayers watching, Biotar has 52 watchers; the last seconds of these auctions are going to be interesting.

BRunner wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

Is this lens aluminum or chromed brass?

Lens weighs 141.8 grams without rear cap. Serial is 3418060 and it is marked as Biotar 1:2 f=58mm T
I am no expert in Carl Zeiss Jena but to me it looks like aluminium because there is no "brassing" ie darker brass metal showing anywhere in worn spots of the lens.

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vilhelm,

What is your feeling towards the Weltblick?

The lens interests me. But i have no exposure to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
What is your feeling towards the Weltblick?

My feeling is that it's not as good as my other lenses in the same focal length but then again, very few lenses are when compared with 125/2.5 APO-Lanthar and 135/2.8 Nikkor-Q Laughing

Note: I am used to the best glass money can buy for my Nikon system, so this verdict can be quite harsh on the Weltblick. For many others the Weltblick is great, I'm just a nitpicker when it comes to optical engineering.

Quite modest detail, gradually improving with stopping down. Bokeh is decent, even nice. CA is quite troublesome though postprocessing of course helps, as can be expected for a tele lens of 1.8 max aperture. Build quality is solid metal, focusing precise and it's of course quite big as well. The contrast requires post-processing if it's flowers, but for portraits it has an overall suitable feel (lower contrast, soft in detail).

The best thing about it is the construction, the bayonet is built so that it can be easily replaced/modified to fit another camera system mount than the Leica R it is now. I've seen these converted to Nikon mount.

Here are some photos from one Flickr member with the same lens modified for Nikon: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mansony/sets/72157618930605575/

He has shot most of his stuff wide open, which means lower quality than this lens can do (and more restless bokeh). Still, results look pretty good for a mail order catalogue lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback..