Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica Zooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Fujica Zooms Reply with quote

I thought this pair was fairly interesting. These are two 'framing' zooms designed for the Fujica AZ-1. They are both without the EBC coating, but are from that era. They offer open aperture metering on several specific fujica models. From what I've read the 43-75mm was one of the first consumer marketed zooms ever (as the az-1 was considered the budget/non-pro version of the st901). I'm not exactly sure where the 29-47mm falls into that story. It is rather uncommon. Not many people own it and I have yet to use it. The performance of both are more than likely comparatively poor to a typical fixed focal length and the f3.5 is limiting, but it is fun to own them nonetheless.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a 75-150 Zoom in this line and it's very good. It's slow at F4.5, but sharp wide open with much better than average IQ.