Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Takumar 1000/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Tele-Takumar 1000/8 Reply with quote

Samples @ f/8, handheld, 800 isos +1EV in PP (nothing else) :

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked it must be an interesting experience to hand hold this lens... left hand fully extended forward and right hand on shutter Laughing

Impressive, though the shots show lots of noise (raised +1 EV in pp you mentioned). Could you at somepoint show us some more shots taken with this lens? It would be very interesting to see more because this is a very rare lens!

Found some samples on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rfortson/tags/smc1000mmf8/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stilltheguy/4311096840/

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, it is black and soooo long Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Shocked it must be an interesting experience to hand hold this lens... left hand fully extended forward and right hand on shutter Laughing

That's almost that... Actually, my left hand is next to the tripod mount Wink I'm thinking about making a finder to use it as a real bazooka, it would be far more stable to have the lens on the shoulder Smile

Esox lucius wrote:

Impressive, though the shots show lots of noise (raised +1 EV in pp you mentioned). Could you at somepoint show us some more shots taken with this lens? It would be very interesting to see more because this is a very rare lens!

Yes, my K100D is rather noisy at 1600 and beyond. But I don't have a good tripod for this lens (and I like to use my lenses handheld) and there was not enough light.You have some other shots in this thread : http://forum.mflenses.com/my-new-toy-t28300.html
I received the lens yesterday, so let me some time to use it Very Happy But be sure I'll share the resultats, that's one on my aims in photography with these old lenses Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see more shots to. I'm always intersted in the longer lenses, and what they can do.

The shot of the lens you posted. That's a teaser. I have to ask. Do you have other lenses for your pentax 110 slr.
In my opinion that's the coolest 110 ever made, and it is on my list to buy one.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 110, I have the 18/2.8, 24/2.8, 50/2.8, some filters, a hood, a Kodak film new, unopened. But this is only for collection purpose, I won't buy more for the 110 as I won't ever use it Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I received the lens yesterday, so let me some time to use it Very Happy But be sure I'll share the resultats, that's one on my aims in photography with these old lenses Wink

Great news, thank you! Look forward to your images. With a 1000mm lens there's a lot you can do that goes beyond normal photography. I wish I could afford something longer for my Nikon system but at the moment I am limited to 180mm plus the possibility to every now and then borrow a 400mm.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can handle mirror lenses, or accept to have an under quality (vs. a real 1000mm lens) and darker lens, you can buy a 1000mm lens or use a cheap 400/5.6 or 500/8 with x2 teleconverter Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive lens Sylvain Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, that's HUGE! Nice one Very Happy

You need to update your signature now, I reckon you should spell this one with spaces between each letter to make it look longer Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
wow, it is black and soooo long Very Happy

+1000!