Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two macro shots with the Dine 105mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Two macro shots with the Dine 105mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Of two different male convicts. You can tell they're different fish by the teeth. Wink

Uh...ISO 100, shutterspeed 1/200, f16. Just got the Dine ring light working and messed with it a bit. I usually shoot fish with a wireless flash over the top of the tank to avoid glare on the glass, with the ring light it's a bit different but came out ok.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. The first image makes him look as if he was sculpted in stone!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! fish macro, impressive

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's not that hard. I have two breeding pairs in the tank and one pair recently laid eggs so they're quite aggressive and easy to coax into coming near the front of the tank.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big, ugly monster!
Nice macro!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your shots came out nice.

I stopped keeping pairs of convicts years ago. You can't stop them from breeding unless you keep just one. I even had two females lay eggs together. Of course the eggs don't hatch with out daddy.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, these are the first convicts I've kept in over a decade. Picked them up to cycle the tank. I'm quite enjoying them. Both pairs breed every couple weeks but I've never had the eggs hatch. I think the snails eat them at night (probably a good thing).

The main fish is my Amphilophus citrinellus, who still has a lot of growing to do.

Shot with the same lens. He's hard to get properly exposed. Very bright.