Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I found this lens in a good price, I guess. Around US$80.

Is it a good glass?
It looks like a FD mount, but in T4. Am I right?
It is easy to find a Nikon, EOS or M42 mount?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes looks like T4 in Canon FD,I have seen one or two T4 Nikon mounts attached to Soligor T4s the price of the lens was too high to justify buying for just the mount. Crying or Very sad M42s are the same they do pop up but usually on a lens.Look for the Soligor 90-230 lens as they seem to be plentiful or the soligor 28/2.8mm.
Mind you this is on the Australian market you may have better luck where you are!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo.
I will look.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm_f3_5_tx/

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila,

I looked only at lens review, next time I´ll research in the lenses.

Looks good.

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fixed mount Komine made version and am quite pleased in certain circumstances. I don't use it for distance shots, and now that I have the 200mm Series 1, I only use the f/3.5 attached to a macro converter - the optical converter that came with the Series 1 90mm f/2.5. It provides a wonderful close focus range and what I consider to be very good quality...

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim
Looks good,

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine on the bay for US$50 a bit over a year ago, with a T4-M42 mount. It's my fastest 200, and the second-heaviest (640g) after my Jupiter-21M (950g), and certainly massier than my slowest 200, a Tele-Takumar 200/5.6 (400g). The little TeleTak goes into my bag most often. I've not used the Viv too much, haven't found a good application yet, although when I was test-shooting to weed out excess 200's a few weeks ago, it made the 'keep' stack. One thing: 18 iris blades! Sparkly bokeh becomes xmas ornaments, perfect circles floating around the frame. Use this when you want bubbles behind your subject!

Last edited by RioRico on Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Viv (Tokina) 200mm F3.5 is a later version than the above. Sharp wide open and I was lucky to get it MINT with a Mint Pentax TX adaptor!
The above one has been opened up so I suppose there is a risk of what has or hasn't been done to the lens.
Exclamation
bb2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RioRico, I guess I will enjoy it. I just need to find a T4-M42 or EOS or Nik.

beachboy2, I saw the scratch in the front ring, but inside looks good. Thanks for the infos.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that I had an old T4 lens that I wanted to use, so I too was looking for an M42 T4 adapter. It didn't take too long following ebay sales. I searched Soligor and Vivitar lenses looking for T4 even when not advertised as such. I found a 135mm with a M42 T4 attached that I bought for around $27. This was only two months ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Nikon, the thing to remember is that the T4 adapter is non-Ai, while the TX one can be had Ai.

For what it's worth, I found I could mount a M42 TX adapter on my T4 200/3.5, though I could not reach f/3.5 with this arrangement.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim
Thanks for the ebay info.

Nesster
There are no problem in Ai and non-Ai lenses, I am sooting with a Canon body. I intend to sell my D80 and 20D and upgrade to a 40D or 50D Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks for the tips.