Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my new Yashika Yashinon-DX 35 f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Testing my new Yashika Yashinon-DX 35 f2.8 Reply with quote

Hi there,

after my Tessar, I finally got another nice lens for M42 mount.
It's this nice piece, I got it for 20€ on eBay (incl shipping). The Lens in the link isn't mine at all, but mine is in really mintest condition. I got the bag and all original stuff from buy, seems like it was bought in France for 1980 Franc.

As it's a grey, cloudy day, I tried to shot some nice photos with it. They seem to be a little dark, but I had a fast shutter and ISO100 (you can see the EXIF in the large versions). All shots wide-open, shot in Standard-Picture Profile, 50% of original. I'm happy with the results Smile

(click to enlarge)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens also, in the silver version, and I agree, it's a very nice lens. I tend to use it more than many others. Wide open it gets a bit soft around the edges but really nice bokeh. And a couple of stops down I think it equivalent to the SMC Tak 35/3.5 - nearly as sharp but with a really nice tonality to it, romantic I might say.

Sometimes I note a strange mustache in-out-in focus - the center's in focus, then around the edges the focus is back wayy back in the frame. On film, and no, it's not the film curvature (I don't think) as I see it with more than one body. I've always been curious if it's just my copy or is it the design. Sample:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jussi,

I don't really understand what you mean; there's this window(?) behind the metal-thing with the shoe on it, and it's pretty sharp but should be out of focus as it's way back in the scene - is that what you mean?

Regards,
Lucas

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to hijack your thread -

I set focus on the shoe. The pavement below / behind is out of focus... but if you look at the two lower corners, the pavement is back in focus.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

hijacking is not a crime - well, maybe it is, but it's totally Ok Smile

Now I see what you mean! Hm, I didn't see that yet, but I'll test that later. I use a crop-camera, so maybe it won't apply?

Regards,
Lucas

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Yashica ML 35mm 2.8 for Contax it seems to be very similar. My samples http://forum.mflenses.com/yashica-ml-35mm-f-2-8-t27965.html I think that this lens has got good 3d feel.