Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A bird nesting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: A bird nesting Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by Anu on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photograph. What equipment did you use?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
Lovely photograph. What equipment did you use?

Thank you - I used K20D and CZJ 200/2.8 Sonnar.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 200/2.8 seems really nice. Do you have any issues with the lens? I am thinking of buying one some day.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch.
The Sonnar is a very good lens - sometimes too heavy for taking it for a walk.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
The 200/2.8 seems really nice. Do you have any issues with the lens? I am thinking of buying one some day.

When it comes to handling, it is very nice lens indeed, excellent ergonomics. Regarding mechanical durability, I've had zero issues. It is built like a tank.

For some the minimum focusing distance can be a problem, and I was worried about it when I bought the lens, but it hasn't been a problem at all.

Sharpness and stuff is always excellent at all apertures, stopping down is always only optional. Image quality is a bit dependant on the light: bokeh can be problematic in hard light - there are axial chromatic aberrations and in hard light they are emphasized - luckily hard light tends to be crap for photography anyhow Wink And if the target and background have some separation, this is no problem at all. In soft light the bokeh is quite a bit better.

The prices of this lens have been surproisingly low lately (even under 200 euros) and I've been thinking of buying myself a second copy, just in case.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anu wrote:
natebarnz wrote:

When it comes to handling, it is very nice lens indeed, excellent ergonomics. Regarding mechanical durability, I've had zero issues. It is built like a tank.

For some the minimum focusing distance can be a problem, and I was worried about it when I bought the lens, but it hasn't been a problem at all.

Sharpness and stuff is always excellent at all apertures, stopping down is always only optional. Image quality is a bit dependant on the light: bokeh can be problematic in hard light - there are axial chromatic aberrations and in hard light they are emphasized - luckily hard light tends to be crap for photography anyhow Wink And if the target and background have some separation, this is no problem at all. In soft light the bokeh is quite a bit better.

The prices of this lens have been surproisingly low lately (even under 200 euros) and I've been thinking of buying myself a second copy, just in case.

Thanks for the detailed description. I have noticed the price quite low too and that is part of what has me eyeing this piece.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot !!