Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Springtime at latitude 59 (Stockholm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Springtime at latitude 59 (Stockholm) Reply with quote

Just some random shots. (I know we are late compared to other places in the world)
Levels, contrast and sharpness fixed in PS. Camera Sony A700.

Bee on Gore-Tex jacket. Flek 35 2.4

Fly on Gore-Tex jacket. Flek 35 2.4

Bee on shoelace. Flek 35 2.4

Just a funny capture when the fly sets of from blue jeans, looking like a Lunar lander or something. Flek 35 2.4

Early spring flowers with nice bokeh. S-M-C 50 1.4 @ 1.4

Bright colors seems to attract the insects this early in the season Very Happy

Last edited by torbod on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 is very special
Like this very much Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images vivid colors ! Enjoy spring!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flektogon 35/2.4 shots are very good in displaying the character of the lens, but the Scilla sibirica is such a great shot I even find the bokeh suitable for the image (usually I detest wild or swirly bokeh Very Happy )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx all.

Esox lucius wrote:
The Flektogon 35/2.4 shots are very good in displaying the character of the lens, but the Scilla sibirica is such a great shot I even find the bokeh suitable for the image (usually I detest wild or swirly bokeh Very Happy )

There was a hill a few meters behind the focus point where the flowers continued to grow. So each unfocus-blob is placed where a flower was, without swirly distorsion. So this is wild bokeh then...
Thanx for the latin name, we call them just Scilla as an everyday name in Sweden I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No masterpieces in this thread, but I'll throw in something colorful from my first round with the newly Sony-converted Leitz 60 macro 2.8 that I put my hands on last week.

Just a butterfly, the second I spotted this year

My son in difficult hard noon-light, although quite pleasing background I think.

Color and contrast seems to be well controlled with this lens. I have not worked with correct rescaling here. But they look a little bit better when clicked upon. I'll try to improve next time.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff from Elmarit-R 60 macro. Open in native size for best IQ.

A walk in the woods with some 3D effect.

A spider perhaps 7mm long. Elmarit-R + 1.7x TC + macro flash tube (hand held of course). I had to chase it a long time before it stood still for a few seconds, I was lucky to get focus and exposure almost right during this split second.

Flowers.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series. Colours are very vibrant.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice 3D from the Leica!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have been occupied with the last week...

Now I have two lovely children, one of each gender Very Happy
CZJ 35 2.4

My brother also got married the same week. Helios 44M-4 @ 2.4

And my son just loves tools, I wonder why... S-M-C 50 @ 2

And outside, the cherry blossom is just about to explode. CZJ 35 2.4, shot from my balcony.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More great pics!! The one with the drill & your son looks like it could be an ad for the tool.

You may want to start another thread when you post more pics as it tends to generate more interest.