Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aberrations, Nikkor 50/1.4 wide open
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Aberrations, Nikkor 50/1.4 wide open Reply with quote

Here´s some shots with my 50 mm f/1.4 AI´d lens, with PK-13 extension tube. All shots wide open, D700 body.

2. w. some internal reflection Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Nikkor 50/1.4F that you have Ai-converted?

Fine examples of how optical quality does not make the image. I find the soft effect and lowered contrast very soothing, it complements the calm color composition. Number 4 is my favorite, very nice doubling/mirroring in the bokeh.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed May 12, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Fine examples of how optical quality does not make the image. I find the soft effect and lowered contrast very soothing, it complements the calm color composition.

+1

Painting like images.
#4 is my favourite
Love to see images apart from counting lp/mm and brick walls.
Let the lens lean back and relax ... not always hard working super sharp images Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guys.

Esox lucius wrote:

The lens is "factory" converted, an older "K" version, with 7/5 optical formula, according to the s/n (297xxxx) and R. Vink´s Nikon lens page.

The Primula shot is also my favourite, the backlighted yellow inner parts of the flowers glowed like lamps when I looked through the wf.

Quote:
I find the soft effect and lowered contrast very soothing

Me too, but I´d like to have at least one sharp detail, to emphasize the softness...