Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Planar v Tamron SP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Planar v Tamron SP Reply with quote

I took these alongside the pictures of the iris in the Adaptall thread - very different rendering of colours! these were same camera (Lumix L-1) same lighting but different lens (Planar MM 1.4)

Doug

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to show the difference in those two lenses.
Images can tell more than thousand words Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Zeiss images are better in my opinion, certainly the first one which has more punch and pop than the Tamron SP images. I've become a bit of a Zeiss fanboi recently (with good reason!), hence I've sold many of my Tamron SP lenses Shocked

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...

The SP 70-210 is of course a much longer focus beastie than the Planar 50mm but even my trusty SP 35-80mm 2.8 / 3.8 has less punch. I HATE this as now I know that everything I do that isn't using one of my Zeiss primes is less than it could be!

I have soooooo many Tamrons (and Vivitar Series 1 and Kiron and Komine and...) but only Zeiss has that 'zing' that makes a pic sing! Sad or Smile depending... a luxury problem though I guess as there are starving photogs out there who would kill for a Sears 135mm f2.8 (as my Mom used to say about starvation in the 3rd World if I complained about her sacrificial sprouts...) Smile Smile

lol

Doug

ManualFocus-G wrote:
These Zeiss images are better in my opinion, certainly the first one which has more punch and pop than the Tamron SP images. I've become a bit of a Zeiss fanboi recently (with good reason!), hence I've sold many of my Tamron SP lenses Shocked