Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: CZJ Flektogon 20mm f4 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: FS: CZJ Flektogon 20mm f4 M42 Reply with quote

After much pondering I decided to sell this lens, as I never shoot wide angles, and even though it probably has the best colour rendition of all the lenses I own, its maximum aperture is too small for me.

The lenses have no scratches or fungus, and the rear elements have been cleaned by a professional recently. It works great as you can see from the pictures below, despite a couple of minor flaws:

* there's a little bit of play between the front assembly (the one you turn to focus) and the rest of the lens; it's not a wobble, but if you shake it you can feel it; it has no effect I can perceive on its optical qualities

* there are a few very small (1mm or so) filaments in a few spots on the edge of the front lens

My repairman, who used to work at Zeiss and who cleaned the back elements a few months ago, tells me that the lens has seen some good use, but the play between the two assemblies is nothing to worry about; and the filaments are the balsam used to cement the lenses that sometimes flakes a bit at the edges, and again is nothing worrying. I've had this lens for about a year and the filaments have not grown or spread, so I tend to believe him.

I would like to see if there are offers before trying to set a price. Please consider that the lens is working, and getting one from ebay usually involves a higher cost, and the risk of getting a flawed one. It will come with a generic 77mm clip-on front cap, and generic rear cap.

Pics of the lens, and a few shots taken with it recently

100% crop, no sharpening

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold to Propellor, on its way to Holland tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to try it. Thanks Ludo.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Great lens, Thanks.

Bart.