Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ 135/3.5, Jupiter 21M, Pentacon 300/4 - Bohemian paradise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: CZJ 135/3.5, Jupiter 21M, Pentacon 300/4 - Bohemian paradise Reply with quote

Took a few days off last week for the full moon and was treated to some incredible sights of sunsets and sunrises. Unfortunately, since then, it has rained every day, so the excitement I felt for those few days is now only captured in the pictures.

Sunset shortly after arrival. The volcanic ash seems to make the sun a 'disc' much sooner than usual. 300mm Pentacon:

The best part about full moons, is that they are rise/set very near the time of sunset/sunrise. So once you're done shooting the sun, you can just turn around and shoot the moon! 300mm Pentacon, pushed the contrast a bit to try and bring out the hazy hills:

This was the view that I took the vacation for. I woke up at about 3:30am to watch it set behind the Trosky castle, one of my favorites in the Czech Republic. The worst part was that I took the 500mm Pentacon on the trip, and it was never used as the moon was swallowed by the haze too soon. Here's the moon during different phases of setting.

CZJ 135:

Jupiter 21M:

Pentacon 300mm (pushed contrast again hoping to save the moon, this was as close as it got):

Turned around to watch the sunrise, which was spectacular.

CZJ 135mm:

And finally the last sunset:

Nearly all (except for the 300mm) were shot using various ND grad filters as well.

Thanks for looking, I'm glad to have a place to share these during these horribly cloudy days...

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunset pictures are good, the sunrisers are great! I must confess, I am not an early riser, may be that makes them extra special for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sunset pictures.
The moon mood is also very impressive.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful, superb captures!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final shot is my favourite simply beautiful

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
The final shot is my favourite simply beautiful

+1

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote