Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some conversion advice needed.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Some conversion advice needed. Reply with quote

Hi,

I am in process of converting a minolta 35-70mm f3.8 lens to sony mount. Register distance for Minolta MC/MD is 43.5mm and for sony a mount is 44.5mm. So does it mean mount should be shaved 1 mm to achieve infinity. I am bit confused on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Some conversion advice needed. Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
Hi,

I am in process of converting a minolta 35-70mm f3.8 lens to sony mount. Register distance for Minolta MC/MD is 43.5mm and for sony a mount is 44.5mm. So does it mean mount should be shaved 1 mm to achieve infinity. I am bit confused on this.

Yep. With the MC lens at the infinity stop and fitted tight against the mount of the Sony, the lens block is still 1mm too far from the sensor to achieve infinity focus. Besides shaving the lens mount you can adapt the camera mount or adjust the infinity setting of the lens itself, but this might be difficult with zoom.