Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss lenses on my Canon New F-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Zeiss lenses on my Canon New F-1 Reply with quote

Hi - I understand that I can get an adapter for M42 to FD mount. Interested in picking up a couple of Zeiss lenses for my "new" New F-1 with AE prism. Are there any issues that I should be aware of in using these lenses? Never tried them before, but am very interested in a 20mm and 35mm. Appreciate any input on other's experiences.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss lenses on my Canon New F-1 Reply with quote

montaggio wrote:
Hi - I understand that I can get an adapter for M42 to FD mount. Interested in picking up a couple of Zeiss lenses for my "new" New F-1 with AE prism. Are there any issues that I should be aware of in using these lenses? Never tried them before, but am very interested in a 20mm and 35mm. Appreciate any input on other's experiences.

Well don't know about Zeiss but generally you just have to remember to stop down (if you focus wide open) for the camera metering to be accurate.......some M42 lenses are inconvenient e.g. Meyer 50mm Oreston as the stop down switch on the side of the lens is on a spring, so you have to hold it down whilst operating the shutter button.....all fingers and thumbs when using for fast shooting.