Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 100-300 f/5.6 L - outdoor shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 100-300 f/5.6 L - outdoor shots Reply with quote

This lens has beautiful colour rendition .. and almost APO performance Smile

maybe some little little coma -- but nothing to be worried about ..

otherwise - outstanding colours! ..

all pictures taken by attaching the lens to the camera and focusing by moving forward and back ...

all shots wide open = f/5.6, of course ..

camera - 5D Mk II and processed in LightRoom ... but colours are untouched

the pictures really look same on the camera display ..

Last edited by trifox on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens - superb pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Stan, what a number of great images - and then with this technique Shocked Shocked Shocked

It is really unbelieveable to get such results. Seems to be no longer necessary to buy any adapter !

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, thanks!

@ Rolf - I know but it's a TORTURE! and you are very limited in focal length ..
on the other hand - it;s a superb exercise and good eye training Smile

you can not go beyond 4 meters or so !

I think that the best way is conversion Smile

tf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

I think that the best way is conversion Smile

tf

When Robert will finish the other one he will know how to do it. I´m sure this lens is it worth.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive samples!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks poilu!

I know that I am annoying with FD glasses but ... the weather was a bit better than yesterday ..

those colours are beautiful - this lens has unbelievable colour rendition and smooth bokeh...!!!
and there is NOT big difference in colours between the picture in camera and files generated by LightRoom..

so I am adding 'a few more' shots, if you don't mind Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very good lens, would be nice to compare with the Vario-Sonnar 100-300 Contax.
How much is the Canon worth on used market?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron, Orio..

@ Orio - yes, it would be nice to see them both in a test .. I would say that Zeiss has an extra value and it may be better Smile
and also the initial aperture of Vario 100-300 is 'lighter' = f/4.5 whereas Canon starts at f/5.6 but it's constant..

When browsing ebay - I have seen units mostly priced at 250 - 300 EUR approximately..

I got my copy (thanks to rawhead again who pulled the trigger Wink from US ebay at 160 GBP approx including all shippings (US and then to UK) - bargain for sure --

One ended in Germany at 120 EUR (bargain!) with full warranty and superb description..

Otherwise - the lens can be seen at 300 EUR but I would say that this price is 'also very good' ..

... another thing is conversion which is really unclear - it's seems to be quite difficult to convert zoom (the tolerance is 3 times less when tuning infinity than doing fixed focal length)...

tf