Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wesak Day with MFlens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Wesak Day with MFlens Reply with quote

Background: Wesak or Vesak is a buddhist festival where the buddhists celebrate the birth, enlightenment, and achievement of Nirvana of Buddha.

Here are some photos I taken during the festive. A first time for me. C & C welcome.

#1. Taken with Helios 44M @ f2 (or f2.8 )

I spend most of the time indoor taken photos. This is one of the few that was shot outdoor. I think The famous helios swirl worked quite well here.

Last edited by my_photography on Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2. Taken with Triotar 100/2.8. I think shot at f2.8 but cannot be certain.

This is one of the ceremony. Not 100% sure what this is all about. My guess is this pouring of water symbolises cleansing or blessing of some sort. Believers even take back the water for bathing.

This is the only acceptable triotar photo I shot. Looks like I still need to explore the characteristic of this lens.

Last edited by my_photography on Fri May 28, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3. Pentacon 29/2.8 @ f2.8.

This is the third of the three lens I bought with me. Buddhists will light up candles and pray. Yes, those are lotus shape candles. Some will write their names on the candles like the one with black ink. And it so happen the light of this candle is also higher compare to the rest in this photo. Will let you interpret what that is supposed to mean.