Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beier Beirax and Kodak Ektar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Beier Beirax and Kodak Ektar 100 Reply with quote

I just posted on my blog (http://en.foodografia.com/2010/04/beier-beirax-and-kodak-ektar-100.html) a short review with some samples about this old folder and the new Kodak color negative film in 120 format.

I must admit that the old Rodenstock Trinar lens together with this film are really a challenge to my 5dMkII even using a prosumer scanner like the Epson v700. I just had some problems with red tonalities but it could be the uncoated lens or the scanner software not being able to filter the negative mask properly. Any other experience here?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good indeed !

I have the same Rodenstock Trinar in Prontor shutter on an Adox folder.

When I get over my current projects its due for a try.

So which of the uncoated prewar triplets found on folders was better ?

I have so far - all 10.5 cm

Schneider Radionar
Rodenstock Trinar
Meyer Trioplan (on a KW Patent Etui, but I have a 6x9 Rada back for it)
Steinheil Cassar
Kodak Anastigmat (but its on a Nagel-Kodak 6x9 Vollenda, so its made in Germany by who ?)

The Schneider is the only one I have really tried, and its very fine indeed, even for pixel peeping on digital. The Rodenstock is probably as good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, very interesting! I've been meaning to try the 120 Ektar 100 for a while now but have mostly been stopped by the weather.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Looks very good indeed !

I have the same Rodenstock Trinar in Prontor shutter on an Adox folder.

When I get over my current projects its due for a try.

So which of the uncoated prewar triplets found on folders was better ?

I have so far - all 10.5 cm

Schneider Radionar
Rodenstock Trinar
Meyer Trioplan (on a KW Patent Etui, but I have a 6x9 Rada back for it)
Steinheil Cassar
Kodak Anastigmat (but its on a Nagel-Kodak 6x9 Vollenda, so its made in Germany by who ?)

The Schneider is the only one I have really tried, and its very fine indeed, even for pixel peeping on digital. The Rodenstock is probably as good.

I have Radionar too and I think Trinar is slightly sharper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. My Beirax is very good, too, with a Ludwig of Dresden Viktar triplet (105/4.5), although I also have had trouble with getting the colour right on the scanner (it was one of my earlier efforts, though, I might be able to get something better now):

Last edited by PaulC on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty incredible results from a Victar Wink