Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Machiya in Kyoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Machiya in Kyoto Reply with quote

Machiya means a house for ordinary people in Kyoto, it is basically townhouse.

We sent three nights over here, street entrance to the house

The house in front

We four people (my three wives and myself) rented the house, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a kitchen.
The rent is rather very expensive, but having three wives is also expensive too. What the heck...

This particular machiya is owned by a company whose president is an american who thought all these traditional
town houses were rapidly disappearing from Kyoto, so in order to preserve these houses they converted them
into hotel like houses after renting from the original owners. Kyoto people seldom sell their property somehow.

But the company renovate them to have modern facility for foreigners too so that you can rent it and taste Kyoto's
life as people do in Kyoto. (Btw, the rest was US$800 for four of us. Three nights > AF-S NIKKOR 24mm F1.4G ED Very Happy)
This particular house is located right in the centre of city Kyoto, is very convenient place for eating, shopping, and
relaxing and seeing many Kyoto "festivals" if they are on.

Last edited by koji on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice that people try to keep tradition
I think I will stay with only 1 wife, more than enough for me Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing