Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 90mm macro 52B.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 90mm macro 52B. Reply with quote

Just few quick samples taken with this newcomer of my humble family.

Life size with 01F flat field converter:

Around 1,5x with Canon autobellows:

Around 3x with Canon autobellows:

All taken on HP5+ developed in ID11 stock.
Camera: Canon A-1.
A Metz 45 CT-1 took care of lighting the scene.

Cheers, M.-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens, I had one but I sold it. They sometimes show a blue spot in the middle of the frame in some high contrat situation, no a lens defect, is caused because of the flat rear element. Try taking a picture of something black with a white background at f22 or f32 and you will see it. It is a very nice lens though. You should use a lens hood, is prone to flare
Regards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty have you tried shooting across the coin?Or have it on a slight angle to see what the light does for the raised areas.I am amazed at what this lens can do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seta666 wrote:
Very nice lens, I had one but I sold it. They sometimes show a blue spot in the middle of the frame in some high contrat situation, no a lens defect, is caused because of the flat rear element. Try taking a picture of something black with a white background at f22 or f32 and you will see it. It is a very nice lens though. You should use a lens hood, is prone to flare
Regards

In my knowledge the infamous "blue spot" is a problem that raises only with digital sensors, shooting film I should be immune Smile . I've taken note about flare tendency, though I've noticed nothing so far. I've a roll in camera with most shots taken outdoors, we'll see what comes out.
mo wrote:
Hi Marty have you tried shooting across the coin?Or have it on a slight angle to see what the light does for the raised areas
Taken note. I've several ideas floating around, but time is a tyrant Smile .

Cheers, M.-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right. Only happens with digital cameras, it is said that some brands are more prone to it than others. The flare(I should say lost of contrast) is also caused by this reflections at wider settings
If use it with film you will have no problem, some digital users have never noticed it either
regards