Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which one to start with?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Which one to start with? Reply with quote

I am a Yashica junkie and have aquired several of their slr's. I want to send them all to Mark Hama for refurbishing, but being retired kinda hampers my cash for my toys a bit. My current cashe of Yashicas includes the following:
FR-1
FX-2
FX-D
FX-103
FX-70
FX-3 super 3000

Which should I send in first?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one you like using most, perhaps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say your No. 2. When it gets back, send in your No. 1. Then it doesn't matter in which order you send in the rest, because both of your best are in perfect shape. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for the first one on your list. It is a Contax cam, really. Wink
Built like a take, but you know that for sure. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually have three FR-1 bodies, so I am going to pick what I think is the best one of these and send it in on Monday. At least it is a start to getting them done.
I know that when I sent my Mat 124G to him it came back looking like a fresh new camera.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your guy must be really good. What does a CLA cost, figuring nothing new except maybe seals?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is indeed great, used to work in the Yashica factory, but he is not really cheap. The FR-1 costs $85 plus $14 return shipping. He has most parts needed for Yashicas and certainly has the knowledge. My FR1 has a broken counter and he will fix that while going thru everything else. I am only getting one of the FR1's refurbed, will be getting rid of the other two.
I have a FX-103 Program that has some of the decal missing on the front and he even replaces that.
Like I said, not necessarily cheap, but good. By the way, I emailed him that the Fr1 would ship tomorrow and he emailed me back that he is going on vacation till May 20, so I know its gonna be a bit longer than his usual 2 week turn around.