Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mayfair Sankor 105/2.5 M42 on SIGMA SD9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Mayfair Sankor 105/2.5 M42 on SIGMA SD9 Reply with quote

After fixing the stuck diafragm problem, I've been trying the lens on the Sigma SD9.
I'm still pending of more extensive testing but so far I like both the colour and bokeh.

Thanks to Graham for selling me the lens and to Alex for letting me pass over his option to buy it. Smile

Some shots:

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens. Very nice.

Natural colors and good bokeh.

Congrats, Jesito!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! This lens is fantastic for portraits too, it renders the background beautifully wide open Smile What happened to the diaphram though, did it get bashed in the post? Eeep! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Very nice indeed! This lens is fantastic for portraits too, it renders the background beautifully wide open Smile What happened to the diaphram though, did it get bashed in the post? Eeep! Shocked

Not sure, it was just stuck wide open... Spanish post is not known by being terribly careful with parcels. But it was not a problem for me, because I plan to use it wide open, but I do prefer to fix the small problems at once prior they become worse Wink

Thanks for your kind comments, colleagues. The pictures are not showing the potential of the lens, I'm afraid I used no tripod and slow speeds so they aren't right at all. I'll be repeating the tests in better condition...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes - without meaning to sound like a complete timewaster, you realise it's a preset lens?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Jes - without meaning to sound like a complete timewaster, you realise it's a preset lens?

Smile

Hi Graham, yep, I realized it as soon as I found the two rings. Smile
Not at first sight...

All is fine now, thanks!.
This is my first 105mm ever, and I'm so excited with it. Next try on friday for portraits, Some colleagues and myself have booked a studio with professional backgrounds and lighting (continuous light and flashes) and I'll bring the 30D with the Mayfair. Will post the shots (if there is any showable).

Thanks again, Graham,

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is clearly flare in some of the photos.

Do yourself a favour and get a hood.

If you're using any cheap protection filter on it, toss that and get a good one (Hoya or B&W), or go without.