Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

another fujica st605: samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: another fujica st605: samples Reply with quote

... thanks to an acquaintance. Very Happy

it loooks like it has lived most of its life being pushed around in a drawer. the mirror cushion looks almost brand new. could be an indication of little use. viewfinder has very, very little dust in it. meter works perfectly with fresh batteries. it came with the little kit 55/2 lens. the plastic focusing ring has a chunk missing but coatings are perfect. no dust or anything else in lens. i went ahead and shot one roll of fuji 200 using a handheld meter, before getting batteries this morning. looks like a light leak from the hinge side. so, new seals are in order. here are samples; please let me know if i have properly diagnosed the leak:

i put two images in the oversized gallery so you can see resolution, sharpness ...

Last edited by fish4570 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are like rabbits Wink aren't they...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is a special blessing ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe you are correct with the light leak info. Great photos though other than that. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, tony ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image on the film in the camera is inverted, so if it's a light leak it will be on the left hand side as you look at the back of the camera. The straight edge of the fogged parts on each shot suggests a sticky second shutter curtain for my money.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, peter. i just cannot remember which side is which. would a sticky shutter curtain be easy to repair? i noticed that the last few images on the roll didn't have as many light lines. is it possible the shutter mechanism is loosening up and starting to function correctly from use? i really think this camera laid around for a long time ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
thanks, peter. i just cannot remember which side is which. would a sticky shutter curtain be easy to repair? i noticed that the last few images on the roll didn't have as many light lines. is it possible the shutter mechanism is loosening up and starting to function correctly from use? i really think this camera laid around for a long time ...

It probably doesn't need a repair, just a clean and lubrication. The second curtain usually sticks because it releases the mirror and the wind-on lock as it closes, so all these parts, plus the timing mechanism and the curtain rollers need to be lubricated.

The shots all look a little over-exposed to me too. If you used your hand meter this would suggest the shutter speeds are generally on the slow side, which is consistent.

Using the camera will help a bit - the problem might be less frequent - but it doesn't cure it. The camera will always be unreliable until it's had a CLA. You have some great technicians in USA who can do it for you, probably only for around $30-$40 + postage. If you like the camera it's well worth having it done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, thanks. Yes, it is worth a CLA. These little 605s are quite rangefinder-like. I love the way they handle. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Peter, thanks. Yes, it is worth a CLA. These little 605s are quite rangefinder-like. I love the way they handle. Very Happy

You're right. Are rangefinder like. I like mine too.

I suggest to you that if you can find the AZ1 try it, it's small like the 605 and with aperture priority auto.

Good luck

Rino.