Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiexposure Panorama - SMC/K/28/2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Multiexposure Panorama - SMC/K/28/2.0 Reply with quote

This is one of the more tricky panos I've made... Wink

I was catching yesterday evening a nice cloud-formation while I was doing a bike-trip ...

A normal pano would just have shown the sky and a "silhuette" foreground. I did actually 3 panoramas from the whole scene with 1/80, 1/160 and 1/400 on f9. (10 frames each, no tripod, no hood on the lens)
After rendering the 3 panoramas I combined the 3 exposures with PS. Using a DRI tool was not possible, the 3 panoramas were too different. Aligning with a tool was not possible as well. Doing everything manually gave me total control over giving the photograph the mood as I saw the scene there with my eyes ...

small

large

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbelievable... beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning again! Many thanks for details!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out excellent Tobias! Worth the effort for sure (handmade HDI pano?)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies ...

Quote:
(handmade HDI pano?)

jup Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pano! Good thing the clouds were not moving fast or the stitching would have been an additional challenge (or were they) Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clouds were moving quite fast, but the stiching software had no problems with it.

Here's the pano which was done with 1/400sec., ... just to compare what has been "added" ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great panos from our Pano Wizard! I still have a few pictures made with the K28/2 that I meant to stitch, but the software could not cope with it. I need to look a little bit more into it...

Please keep posting them! It encourages all of us to try the same (not that we will ever come close Smile)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent effort there Tobias.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The large file is most impressive! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still have a few pictures made with the K28/2 that I meant to stitch, but the software could not cope with it. I need to look a little bit more into it...

Please keep posting them! It encourages all of us to try the same (not that we will ever come close Smile)

Peter, ... if you tried to stich with PS, ... it often gives up.
Try another software, there're great Demo-versions of PTgui and AutopanoGiga.

All others, thanks for replies !

Cheers
Tobias