Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica C35 automatic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Konica C35 automatic Reply with quote

Konica C35 automatic.

I went to the thrift shops and charity shops today and found nothing.
On the way back I went in a antique shop and found a Konica.

I can't wait to give it a try. The automatic badge is gone, but other then that it's pretty close to mint. Pretty cool little lens Hexagon 38mm f2.8.
Hopefully it works as good as it looks.
Picked it up for 10 bucks with case. This is my first range finder, so I am really looking foward to my new toy. Very Happy

Pictures to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I am sure it will surprise you...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very capable cuties

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I might load it up with film tomorrow. I can't let it collect dust. Laughing

Here is a quick pic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, it's a dandy all right. i had its zone-focus cousin back in the early 1970s. excellent lens ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great slim camera, crude looking Iris though IIRC it's only 3 blades......and I would rate the lens sharpness as very good, I haven't tried it out in low light situations but in sunny Ibiza every shot was correctly exposed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
excellent lens ...
tessar Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for the bad news. I bought a battery today and tried the meter. It
dosen't work. No signs of corosion at all. So I took the bottom off the camera and removed the battery holder. The black wire came loose. It's totally coroded and the red wire was not even hooked up. It had coroded thru.
So hopefully I can clean it up and resolder without pulling the case.

I was looking at the light seals. They are pretty well gone. So a new kit
from Ebay for $10 and I should be set.
By what I've read on the net the last couple days both problems are pretty normal for this camera.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

By what I've read on the net the last couple days both problems are pretty normal for this camera.

This guy had the same problem btw you have to copy and paste this link:-
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/images/konica_c35repair1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/konica_c35auto.html&h=313&w=450&sz=65&tbnid=EbYpPt_Ey44twM:&tbnh=88&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkonica%2Bc35%2Bautomatic&hl=en&usg=__rJ3P28-BasOKmaS1KZO7MBe_CGE=&ei=ieLIS6_yFIOM0gSK39nHDA&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=8&ct=image&ved=0CB8Q9QEwBw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I can do the repair from the bottom by stripping back the wire
and soldering it. Hopefully I wont have to take it all the way down, because I don't have a lens spanner.

Thanks for the link.

Walter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first camera I owned!! Unfortunately the shutter was jammed and it was binned by my parents X-(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson.c wrote:
This is the first camera I owned!! Unfortunately the shutter was jammed and it was binned by my parents X-(

I'm now using another small camera as a backup to my SLRs:-

Nikon L35AD