Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TV zoom lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: TV zoom lens Reply with quote

Not sure if this should be in the Cine section, if so feel free to move.
Anyone know anything about this lens? The mount is M42 or at least it fits my M42 adapter. It won't provide a legible image so the obvious is that it has a different register and probably well under the normal M42 mount lenses. I have seen a similar item listed on Fleabay that claimed it would work on the micro 4/3 system.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: TV zoom lens Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
It won't provide a legible image so the obvious is that it has a different register and probably well under the normal M42 mount lenses.

Simplest way to check register is just get some visible illuminated object like a lamp with shade. Put the distance scale to how far the object is and then move a white paper behind the lens. When the picture is sharp you can estimate the register distance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that lenses intended for TV use were optimised for contrast with little regard to sharpness, TV being of such low resolution compared to... erm... everything?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks to me that the mount doesnt match the lens; this probably was a c mount lens, as i have a similar one in c mount.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
it looks to me that the mount doesnt match the lens; this probably was a c mount lens, as i have a similar one in c mount.

Tell me more.
EG register distance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Tell me more.
EG register distance.

M42?! I'm pretty sure also that is a c-mount lens. Is that a removable silver-colored c-mount to M42 screw-on adapter? Maybe someone was using with M42 bellows...

Sorry don't have specs on image circle size of this lens (manufacturer?); C-mount camera register is 0.69" (17.526mm), and thread is 1"x32tpi.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you get to use it on µ4/3, it offers very nice parameters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john, dont know the register distance etc, but i do think if you can remove the overlay m42 mount, you may find the c mount below. if so, youre home free, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another view of the mount. Me using Pentax the lens will be totally useless. But then it was thrown in as part of a batch buy as a free extra so no loss on my part.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, thats true; i thought you wanted to put the lens on an m4/3 camera--then w orig c mount it will work very well.

btw, these go for a decent amount on ebay, so if you can get it back to orig mount, you can make some money!