Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 200mm f/4 Ai
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Nikkor 200mm f/4 Ai Reply with quote

I made some tests this weekend. I guess I will buy it Laughing

Papaya tree

I tested with a Tamrom 2x TC

Hope you had a happy Easter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll enjoy that lens. For years, my only telephoto was the 200mm AI, and I had a lot of fun with it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like it too. Nice lens ! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...a sharp lens that does very well,not only for telephoto work,but has excellent results with macro as well....as Bjørn Rørslett says "The latest versions (AI & AIS) of this slender, nicely-handling and unobtrusive telephoto are optical gems. It's impressively sharp even wide open and attains peak performance already from f/5.6 onwards. Beyond f/16 the quality gracefully declines. It works great with extension tubes and also with close-up lenses great results can be achieved.On the crop sensor DSLR's, images are stunningly contrasty and sharp at f/4 to f/8"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try with extension tubes.
Thanks