Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 75-260/4.5 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Tokina 75-260/4.5 m42 Reply with quote

3 samples from this lens -I was given it last week and managed to get some time with it this morning. First impressions are good, its a bit soft wide open but sharpens well as you stop it down, decent colour rendition and not too big and heavy.
First is wide open and not cropped and all were taken at 260mm

Next is at f8 50% crop

And finally at f11 50% crop

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these. This is yet another of my acquired lenses that I need to find the time to put on the camera and try for myself. Would like to see more saturated colors, but otherwise not too shabby!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonable results there, but I suspect the light is not helping. It looks sharp and fairly contrasty. Maybe a vibrance & saturation boost would bring it to life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably would Martin but I didnt want to do any processing on these samples just show them as they came out. Very Happy