Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why the Jupiter 11 m42 version is so big?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Why the Jupiter 11 m42 version is so big? Reply with quote

I mean you could just basically cut the Kiev version with a saw and put threads on the end and end up with a really tiny 135 lens? Is there an optical block difference with the versions?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps longer register distance is the key ?! Need to make larger diameter to get enough light to SLR.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the Jupiter 11 m42 version is so big? Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I mean you could just basically cut the Kiev version with a saw and put threads on the end and end up with a really tiny 135 lens? Is there an optical block difference with the versions?

The difference in length between the Kiev version and the (M39) SLR version is 7 mm. This is comparable with the difference in register lengths (~ 10 mm). The difference in length between the Sharp (version of the Zorki) rangefinder version and the M39 SLR version is 17 mm which is very close to the difference in register lengths (16.4 mm).

http://zenit.istra.ru/archive/lenses/jupiter-11.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the LTM version. It's long and skinny. Not a bad lens, actually quite good but not a must have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-thougth this thing over nigth. It has to be because of different focusing procedure and mechanism. RF-cameras you usually set aperture first and then focus. SLR first focus then stop down. Focusing must not rotate when aperture is set. That is why Industar has so stiff focusing, it is not a fault but a feature. Smile