Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Durdle Door 4x5" Provia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Durdle Door 4x5" Provia Reply with quote

Some from a recent trip to Dorset.

It was extremely cold and the only other people on this lovely beach were fellow photographers, I think from a camera club as they seemed to all know each other and I saw them all disappear later on in just two or three cars . I was the only person with a LF camera, my Toyo VX-125b. I was shooting Provia 100f.

The other photographers reminded me of Paparazzi, all in a line with HUGE white and black lenses, tripods and monopods clicking away constantly. As I used a Nikon 90mm f4.5 (28mm equivalent roughly) I was standing in front of them, and shot 3 shots.

Converted to BW in Photoshop:

This is the last one, in the top left you can see the members of the photo club have already disappeared. On their way past me as I waited for this particular light to arrive, one of them gave me a smirk that lasted so long I actually had to ask him if he wanted something. Well I would love to compare prints with that man. I suppose he thought I was an idiot for using such a silly old camera (which is in fact brand new), but I suspect prints form my 4x5" would look a little bit nicer than those from his enormous fancy DSLR. (Rant over...)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I am very happy to see you back! Perfect B&W conversion ! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent compositions and choice of lighting. Change the light and the picture will look totally different Smile . Good the BW too, very rich tonality.
Congrats for the LF choice, I'm dreaming to try it out too, maybe one day... Smile .

Best, M.-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it and the B&W brings out the footprints in the sand so the other photographers were of some help Very Happy (they are footprints?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, yes footprints.
Glad you liked these.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, but for me 6X7 neg is large enough.