Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Zenitar M2s - 1st Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: MC Zenitar M2s - 1st Images Reply with quote

This was on recommendation from Poolhall. It's made of plastic and looks like a toy. Better build than the Canon 50mm F1.8 mkii, but still plastic.

So far I'm really impressed with it's sharpness wide open and the way it renders. 4, 5 & 6 are wide open, the others are around F11.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great lens, with fantastic blur effect > pic 6 especially , which makes the pic almost alive. nice work. also colors are very faithful. That said ... i plan to buy my first af lens now and it'll be a EF 50mm 1.8 . Is it bad ? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do it Justice Mr Smith ! I love that lens in its M and K forms and nearly always take it with me when I'm out- I see you got the swirlies too Very Happy Seriously though its very sharp has a nice bokeh and focuses close up too Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're too kind Poolhall Richard (and the song now starts in my head).

hexi wrote:
Looks like a great lens, with fantastic blur effect > pic 6 especially , which makes the pic almost alive. nice work. also colors are very faithful. That said ... i plan to buy my first af lens now and it'll be a EF 50mm 1.8 . Is it bad ? Laughing

50mm 1.8 is a good sharp lens, but it cannot match the other MF 50s I have, but it is a great low light lens when you need AF.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no escape from the realm of the Ironing Board Surfer! MwaaaHAHAHA! The song will always be there now!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! I was going to buy one of those when the topic was posted a few weeks back, but forgot! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me a top lens, certainly subjects did help a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moscow Photo has a load on sale at a very reasonable price on E bay at the moment- they usually go for a lot more, and shipping is free too so he must have got a job lot from somewhere-highly recommended lens and a good seller too. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Great results! I was going to buy one of those when the topic was posted a few weeks back, but forgot! Laughing

Click here to see on Ebay If you want one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a great copy. Congratulations!
The photos are really nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Zenitar "New Year" bokeh Reply with quote

Swirly bokeh of this lens at POST focus areas

Unfortunately, in PRE focus areas, bokeh have degradation ("shell"-like pointed areas)

Last edited by fahr on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenitar "New Year" bokeh Reply with quote

fahr wrote:
Swirly bokeh of this lens at POST focus areas

Unfortunately, in PRE focus areas, bokeh have degradation ("shell"-like pointed areas)

Quote to show pics for first poster.