Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 botanical pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 botanical pictures Reply with quote

Here are some more pictures from my GSN and Fuji Sensia 100 slide film. I posted some other pictures in the Slide Film Gallery here: http://forum.mflenses.com/winter-flowers-with-fuji-sensia-100-t26517.html

These photos were taken at Matthaei Botanical Gardens conservatory in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

I like how the trunk of this bonsai roughly mirrors the angle of the shadows on the wall behind it.

The harsh lighting probably was not the best, but I think the GSN and the Sensia handled it well, and gave me some very nice colors.

That might be my shadow in the lower left Sad , but I like the colors of the flowers here.

Peeking inside the tulips.

This is probably not a great picture, but I like how the bell-shaped flowers are arranged, and I love the sharp details of this photo. I am pretty sure this photo was taken at f/16 or f/11 at least (most?).

Sharp picture (image & subject)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice result!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results with a great RF. I must say I find the colors of sensia 100 cold. I had one roll with it but did not like the colors. Your results are better though. My film was a bit old though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
Good results with a great RF. I must say I find the colors of sensia 100 cold. I had one roll with it but did not like the colors. Your results are better though. My film was a bit old though.

These are short distance shoots which is always better with any film and camera. I have mixed experience with Sensia too, sometimes great sometimes not good at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flowers!

I miss that place.. had many many great days there, once the condensation had cleared from the camera and lenses as one came into the heat from the Michigan winter! Smile

Some of mine are at:

http://www.pbase.com/nemesis101/plants

Doug.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments.

Thank you, Doug, for the link to the beautiful photos. Waiting for the condensation to clear from camera and lenses is a small price to pay to get beautiful photos of colorful plants and flowers in the midst of what can be a dreary Michigan winter (at least photographically).

I have more photos from Matthaei Botanical Gardens taken with my digital camera (and manual focus lenses) which I will post in the Digital Gallery as soon as I have the time to organize them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thanks! lol

I made a large portfolio of pictures of barns through the seasons in Michigan, from the first pale light of spring through summer, fall and the very snowy winters, sadly lost like so many of my photographs, last year, when my hard drive and its shadowed back-up drive proved corrupted... the computer's drive controller having messed with everything that passed through it...

Never would have happened with film... digital is very convenient but can be lost, unbeknownst, in an instant Sad

There are also some good wetlands habitats around the Detroit / Ann Arbor / Northville areas, as well as a couple of fine old country houses (built by anglophiles to resemble their English counterparts) which are open through much of the year, and can be spectacular in winter, even just from then outside...

Keep posting - makes me quite 'homesick' lol

Doug.

PAW-prints wrote:
Thank you all for your comments.

Thank you, Doug, for the link to the beautiful photos. Waiting for the condensation to clear from camera and lenses is a small price to pay to get beautiful photos of colorful plants and flowers in the midst of what can be a dreary Michigan winter (at least photographically).

I have more photos from Matthaei Botanical Gardens taken with my digital camera (and manual focus lenses) which I will post in the Digital Gallery as soon as I have the time to organize them.