Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

volna-dils
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: volna-dils Reply with quote

i've been playing around with medium format lenses on my 5d, and took one i really liked of a daffodil with my russian-lettered volna 80/2.8 in P6 mount. PLEASE CLICK ON PHOTOS OR YOU WILL NOT GET BEST RESOLUTION. c&c welcome-hope you enjoy!

and a very large crop, with which i was pretty happy:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Tony! Beautiful vibrant image I like the way the colours change from yellow to orange on the centre of the flower. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does remind me of a burst of sunshine the flaming orange edge and the white backing.Nice tony,a big difference using the 5D?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this Volna 2.8/80 very much.
It produces very nice pictures and it's a pleasure to handle and use it. Don't you think either ?

Your daffodil is very nice. I have other varieties in the garden.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely color from the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys! i was very happy with the performance of this lens, and my other P6 lenses, on the 5d.

olivier, you are right, the lens is very easy to use, especially with the preset aperture. i love the feel of it, and while it is a physically wide lens, it is very compact. the colors on all my P6 lenses can only be described as extremely accurate--the picture in your mind is the one reproduced. i think that is good for portraiture, though i dont do that a great deal, but when i have, i have been pleased.

tbh, i also have the biometar 80/2.8 P6 mount, and i feel like i am actually leaning to keeping the volna over the zeiss...any other thoughts on that?

as for the subject, this is a very interesting type of daffodil, with the 'flaming' orange ring. we also have yellow on yellow, yellow on white and white on white, but i think this one is the most photogenic. Smile

@mofo: youre not kidding! compared to the sigma, it's like night and day--the focusing and low light etc just blows the sigma away. i have to say though, that when you hit everything right on the sigma, i actually like the IQ more than the 5d. the frustration is you hardly ever--or at least "I" hardly ever--hit it all right! Sad same comparing 5d to olympus ep1, which i am now viewing just as a nice compact camera that i can use fun lenses on when i dont want to carry a big rig.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Volna is a stunning lens, no exception! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks attila. what do you think of the volna vs the biometar?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thanks attila. what do you think of the volna vs the biometar?

At least same, perhaps Volna is better. Matter of taste all are great lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the crop as well. Like a small sun.
Seems to be a lens with potential.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
I like the crop as well. Like a small sun.
Seems to be a lens with potential.

Sven, I wouldn't say "seems to be a lens with potential".
It has great potential ! Very Happy