Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I love bokeh! An unscientific comparison. [C&C]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: I love bokeh! An unscientific comparison. [C&C] Reply with quote

This post is not meant to prove anything, but to give everyone, including myself, an opportunity to see some example bokeh shots between a few different lenses. These shots were taken at close range and wide open.

First up. The lovely Rokkor-PG 58/1.2 (EOS Conversion). This shot was taken at f1.2 with a 1/1000 second shutter.

And it gets a follow up companion. This shot was also taken at f1.2 with a 1/160 second shutter.

Next up is the revered CZ Makro-Planar 100/2.8. This shot was taken at f2.8 with a 1/125 second shutter.

This companion shot was also taken at f2.8 with a 1/40 second shutter.

And now this well known little monster, the Helios-44-2 58/2. This shot was taken with a 1x extension tube, at f2 with a 1/500 second shutter.

Here is the Meyer-Optik Oreston 50/1.8 at f1.8 with a 1/80 second shutter.

I think my favorites are definitely the Rokkor and the Makro-Planar but I will continue to happily shoot the Helios as it's results are right up there in my book. The Meyer has a lot of potential but has been underused in my bag so I have not nailed my perfect close up shot yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nate for showing us these beautiful "bokeh paintings" !

The Rokkor bokehs are really beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my cup of tea - I'm a big bokeh nut myself, always happy to see more. I like the tone of the first shot personally, though the forced perspective does not reveal many circles of confusion to separate between the lenses (very) different characters. Regardless, a pleasing set!

Kelly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I like them all.