Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar MC 80/2.8 P6 - bargain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar MC 80/2.8 P6 - bargain Reply with quote

This lens is not nice Smile

Front element has small scratch, 2-3 cleaning marks and some fungus marks around borders of the front element (not in center). It shows signs of unprofessional servicing (scratches + focusing scale doesn't correspond to reality).

The good things: Focusing to infinity is possible, focusing is smooth, aperture is dry and in fully working condition. Other optical elements are fungus-free.

Good for parts... or for taking pictures, if you are tolerant user Smile

I'll post some pictures of this beauty soon...

price: €34 + shipping
I accept PayPal (+3%) or MoneyBookers (no fee).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how much is the shipping to peru? And, (excuse the ignorance) which mount is it for?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P6 = pentacon six mount. It is a medium format lens, however, one can use on 35mm SLR/DSLR with the correct adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and I love it! My original adapter was built from an old P6 extension tube with a Canon FD mount in the back. I have since updated the mount and am enjoying the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping to Peru is €12.

I hope I'll make some pictures tomorrow...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with these troubles this is a nice , perfectly usable user lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a rookie on P6.
Is is easy to adapt to a Sony A700 DSLR?
Will it keep inifinity focus with an adapter?
Any other pros and cons?
/T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P6 mount is adaptable to any DSLR (infinity focus isn't problem, register distance is long) - adapters to many systems are available on ebay. You can use adapter from P6 directly to your camera mount, or via 2 adapters: P6->M42 + M42->Sony DSLR. I use the second way.

P6 to Sony adapter is available here: Click here to see on Ebay

You can use the adapter for other Pentacon Six lenses (e.g. Biometar 120/2.8, Sonnar 180/2.8, Sonnar 300/4...), which are cheaper and easier to get, than native M42 variants.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is no image problem this lens, remember that in a 35mm DSLR using only the central part of the image.
It is a great lens impossible to get for that price.
Good luck with the sale, it hurts that I already have one.
Greetings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the information earlier.

I have ordered a P6 to Sony adapter. So now I need a lens to go with it.

I have originally put my sight for a Samyang 85 1.4. But this one has woken my interest.
So, give me your very best offer, including shipment with tracking number to Sweden, and I will really consider taking care of this sleeping beauty Smile

Have a nice day
/T

Edit:
It would be great if you could test if it still sharp wide open after the rough service attempt. I don't want to join the Russian roulette any more (it has gone bad before and I have promised myself to check up on things better).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torbod: I'm sorry, the lens is already reserved - I'll let you know if the buyer changes his mind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT has arrived now, thanks a lot.

Here is a meaningless snapshot from my first round with it.
Wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see it performs well on your camera despite the issues Smile