Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Railway Museum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Railway Museum Reply with quote

Hi,

found yesterday shots on my PC I thought that I had deleted these long time before. Was a great surprise for me and I would like to show few of them here.

Shot in 2006 with Canon 5DMkI and Sigma 12-24mm.

Nearby our village is a very famous railway museum with a lot of old locos, cars and waggons etc.

Thanks for viewing and comments

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love old trains-great shots rolf! the lens seems to have fabulous contrast, or is it PP?

we have a railway museum in our little town and i havent been there in about 10 years. you have motivated me to soon go, perhaps w my yashica ml 28... Smile

Last edited by rbelyell on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice set. Is it the quality of the sensor, or that of the lens or both ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

I believe it is not necessary to write at this place something about the 5D. Before I sold this lens and bought instead then the 16-35L II it was like a every day lens.

There are many people on he way they have (have had) problems with the Sigma 12-24 but personally I found this a great lens.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no PP the lens is great Smile

By the way most people say it is the lens not the camera but after viewing so many great shots with the 5D series of Canon, I am convinced that it is 50-50 between the lens and the cam.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
If there is no PP the lens is great Smile

By the way most people say it is the lens not the camera but after viewing so many great shots with the 5D series of Canon, I am convinced that it is 50-50 between the lens and the cam.

Hi Tharos,

many thanks for your comment.

Of course there is some PP. I shot always in RAW format, so I have to do some PP behind the shot. The minimum amount of work is that what the cam normally does if you shot JPEG.

Regarding cam, lenses etc. I´m with you. All components within the complete workflow must be optimal otherwise you have the risk that the final result is sub-optimal.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good quality Rolf...thank you.

Just tell me, why did you use your frame to cut the loco in the first one? Sad Rolling Eyes

Anyway, linked to our railfan forum.

Go a few steps back next time....PLEASE... Very Happy

See her on duty.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlL6KAXweq8 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R94CP4ZOYXo Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnet-2009 wrote:
Very good quality Rolf...thank you.

Just tell me, why did you use your frame to cut the loco in the first one? Sad Rolling Eyes

Anyway, linked to our railfan forum.

Go a few steps back next time....PLEASE... Very Happy

See her on duty.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlL6KAXweq8 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R94CP4ZOYXo Wink

Oh sorry, didn´t know that we have here railway fans too. Yes Sir, next time I will try to get the complete loco on the picture.

Nice links, this is the museum where my pics were shot.

Only for your eyes I will post some additional pics below from the museum too.

The last one were shot where the railway line from the museum to Hagen/North Rhine-Westphalia crosses our main street nearby my village.
In the meantime they installed an electrical barrier system, at that time one of the guards had to do this by hand.

Greetings to Athen

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the colors Shocked

great shots rolf!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rolf, THANK YOU...all photos are excellent but the last one is a diamond...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I have few very special for you.

I shot these pics few years ago at the port of Malaga/Spain. The locos and the waggons were placed on a RoRo ship.

If I remember correct the destination of the ship (and the locos as well) was Peru.

Pics were taken with a P&S cam, I believe it was a Casio QV4 or something else.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf I think it's time to make a railfan corner somewhere in the forum.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you again... Cool Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnet-2009 wrote:
Rolf I think it's time to make a railfan corner somewhere in the forum.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you again... Cool Wink

Laughing Laughing