Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st EVER roll of 35mm film developed!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: 1st EVER roll of 35mm film developed! Reply with quote

I picked up my pics from the developers today and it's my 1st ever roll of 35mm film that i have taken. I must say when it's right the quality is really very good.

The only annoying thing is that my iMac can't read the Fuji disc that the images are saved to! I have to open them on my PC and transfer them via memory stick to the Mac. Not a prob just a little annoying.

Anyhoo here are the best of the bunch. Please bare in mind that it is just a test roll and I'm a crap photographer! Very Happy Next time i'll pay more attention to aperture etc.

Camera: Olympus OM-2 Lens 24mm f2.8 & 50mm f1.4

1: Garden furniture

2: 3 pictures.

3: Wife and mother-in-law. I'll leave it up to you to guess which one is which! Very Happy

4: Tree in Caterham

5: Caterham Buildings

6: Caterham Church

Last edited by andyw on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First dev ! congrats Very Happy very good contrast, did you enjoy the whole dev process ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the first shot very much. nice composition ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 35mm club Smile
I feel that B&W involves a different way of looking at things, seeking out shapes and contrast rather than looking for colours. I feel the first of these shots is the best in that regard, with good depth of field and quite strong textures in the decking and chairs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
First dev ! congrats Very Happy very good contrast, did you enjoy the whole dev process ?
I didn't develope them myself, i had a shop do it who are about 20 steps away from where i currently work! Handy or what!

Thanks all for the kind words. I'll try better from my 2nd roll then i'll get some colour.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 1st one and the one of the church the best. Welcome to the world of B&W film. Get yourself a yellow or orange filter to get more sky detail.

Of course, home development comes next. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done - for me #2 with the play of light, and #5 with the counterpoint of blur diagonally do it best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a B&W fan at all, some of your pictures are nice really. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work. I like #1 and #6 especially with excellent detail.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just plain jealous...well done...I like them all.#5 especially. I find the Discs from the shops a pain as well,although I have XP.Do you know if you can transfer photos without using the scanned brands software?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 35mm club.

Wow, you first ever 35mm. What have you been shooting all this while? Medium format, digital ...?