Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Could you see this coming?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Could you see this coming? Reply with quote

Will it succeed ?

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/01/15/polaroid-pic-1000-camera-announced/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its success will depend entirely on two factors: the way it's marketed and price -- especially the price of the instant film, which IMO has always been way too high.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna work - didn't last time, won't this time

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did. Smile

This is because I've been following the "impossible project".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope it does; i always root for the under-camera. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Not gonna work - didn't last time, won't this time

+1

The only people I've seen using those were Japanese girls (or girls who dress like Japanese girls). I'm 99% sure the new version will also require you set maximum amount of exposure compensation to get properly exposed indoor shots, has been a feature on every damn polaroid point-and-shoot I've used (including the new half-polaroid film cams sold in Japan)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it is the problem of materials (films). I had the same problem with Polaroid 100 and Fuji. The iso doesn't really fit?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe as a limited production item, available at urban outfitters rather than your average camera store. I'm not sure about sales figures, but Holgas sell new from such places and have been doing so for a while, so it isn't a totally off-base idea.

For $100 though... eehhh... it isn't exactly an impulse buy so much at that price, unless they manage to make the film cheap. I'm personally leaning on a short life span for this one.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the cam is affordable and the film are cheap, perhaps it will find a niche.
If the film is going to be as expensive as it used to be, it will be a failure again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impossible project is having some serious difficulties with some of their production element. (Someone is trying to make cash out of them - My guess. Evil or Very Mad )

Product launch should have been February 22nd - now postponed to March 22nd with the reservation that it might not succeed at all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
If the cam is affordable and the film are cheap, perhaps it will find a niche.
If the film is going to be as expensive as it used to be, it will be a failure again.

I been shooting Fuji with Polaroid 100. It is about 1,30 € a shot. That is way too much even for an enthusiast. About 0,50-1,00 € / shot could be widely accptable?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have done it. Not very cheap although. Let's see if the price drops.

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

Quote:

PX 100 Silver Shade / First Flush
Impossible's brand new PX Silver Shade Instant Film. Astonishing monochrome material in a limited First Flush Edition. Optimized for the use in traditional Polaroid SX 70 cameras.
Please read the detailed specs here: px film website

Availability: 0 items .. ?