Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opinions & Adapter Question, re: Rollei Rolleinar 1.4/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Opinions & Adapter Question, re: Rollei Rolleinar 1.4/55 Reply with quote

What do you think of this lens? Also is there an adapter for a Canon 30D (EOS)? Not sure if it is a T mount or not.

Thanks in adavance for any info.
Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Rollei lens has a Rollei QBM mount.
there are Rollei-EF adapters, but those are not chipped. Sometimes infinite focus is a little off.
this lens can also be adapted to mFT /m4/3

By the way it is a good lens made by Mamiya.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex!

I rarely shoot at infinity. Mainly do headshots/portraits.

So it's not a Zeiss quality lens?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Not a zeiss quality lens. By far in my opinion.

My copy of the rolleinar had a nice coating (MC of course). Not very saturated with a bit low contrast when you comparate it with the planars.

And had a slight barrel distortion. Zeiss is zeiss, although the mamiya's rolleinar is a very good lens .

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

By the way it is a good lens made by Mamiya.

estudleon wrote:

although the mamiya's rolleinar is a very good lens.

So does it mean this lens is identical to Mamiya 55/1.4 lens?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the mamiya 1,4/55 is the same exactly than the rolleinar, but the literature says that the last was made by mamiya. Don't forget than the rolleinar is newer and can have some improvements (sure in coating).

Sure you know that, but...

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Rolleiflex350_en.html

Good luck.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I don't know if the mamiya 1,4/55 is the same exactly than the rolleinar, but the literature says that the last was made by mamiya. Don't forget than the rolleinar is newer and can have some improvements (sure in coating).

Sure you know that, but...

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Rolleiflex350_en.html

Good luck.

Rino.

I actually thought about older version of Mamiya/Sekor lense. Nerver mind, we will probably never know if all those lenses were made by Mamiya or some other manufacturer.