Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD: Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - OM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: SOLD: Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - OM Reply with quote

I'm selling my fantastic Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - this is the same as the famous Vivitar version. It's in Olympus OM mount and is in near mint cosmetic condition (just the residue of the "PASSED" sticker remains - this could probably be cleaned off).

This teleconverter will allow you to use any OM mount 50mm lens, and turn it into a 1:1 macro lens. I believe it has 7 elements and therefore gives some super results!

Glass looks very good with just a few flecks of dust present, there's no fungus or hazing. The teleconverter comes with its original front cap and an Olympus rear cap.

Price: £25.00 by Paypal (no charge), please PM your interest.

Shipping: £3.00 UK, £3.70 EU, £6.40 Rest of world.

I've only got a Zuiko 50/1.8 to test with, but results are excellent:

This is as close as you can get without teleconverter

With teleconverter (ooh I need to clean my 40D's sensor Laughing)

OM version reserved.

I also have a PK version available.

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i take it !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reserverd: Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - OM Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I'm selling my fantastic Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - this is the same as the famous Vivitar version.

The Panagor Auto Macro Converter is not the same as the famous Vivitar macro focusing teleconverter. The Panagor doesn't allow infinity focus, doesn't have a built-in helicoid - its ring moves the converter's optics internally. It is a long time since I've owned the Panagor but I remember it being specifically designed for 50mm lenses. I can't compare their IQ directly since I haven't owned them at the same time. The Vivitars are more versatile, being high quality 7 element 2x teleconverters that also happen to be great for macro photography with a range of lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reserverd: Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - OM Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
I'm selling my fantastic Panagor macro focusing teleconverter - this is the same as the famous Vivitar version.

The Panagor Auto Macro Converter is not the same as the famous Vivitar macro focusing teleconverter. The Panagor doesn't allow infinity focus, doesn't have a built-in helicoid - its ring moves the converter's optics internally. It is a long time since I've owned the Panagor but I remember it being specifically designed for 50mm lenses. I can't compare their IQ directly since I haven't owned them at the same time. The Vivitars are more versatile, being high quality 7 element 2x teleconverters that also happen to be great for macro photography with a range of lenses.

Hi, you are correct. I just checked myself. I read a couple of threads somewhere claiming they were the same thing, and obviously the information was wrong! Damn good for macro though Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed very nice from the above sample photos.