Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LTM comparo: canon vs. industar-50 vs. jupiter-8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: LTM comparo: canon vs. industar-50 vs. jupiter-8 Reply with quote

fuji superia 400, walgreens processing/scanning; the i-50 and j-8 comparison shots were made within 5 minutes of each other; the canon shots were made a couple of days later when the spring sun already had changed. whatcha think?

jupiter-8 at 250/4, late afternoon light in shadow:

i-50 at 250/4, late afternoon light in shadow:

canon 50/1.8, 124/4, later afternoon, clear light:

j-8, 125/5.6, clear, soft afternoon light:

i-50, 125/5.6, clear, soft afternoon light:

canon, 500/5.6, bright afternoon light:

j-8, 125/5.6, late afternoon open shadow:

i-50, 125/5.6, late afternoon open shadow:

canon, 250/5.6, harsh right side light, afternoon, wall in open shadow:

j-8, 125/8-11:

(no i-50 version of this shot)

canon, 125/4, mid- to late-morning, open shadow; look at the differences in water level:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested to see these three lenses tested against each other.
Try mounting the camera on a tripod and shooting each lens at the same object with the same light, shutter speed, and aperture.

When did you get the Canon Paul? Surprised Which one is it 1.2/1.4/1.8 ??
Great lens. I'm making two of the 1.2's into a user. The rear group of one is fogged in the cement. The front element of the other has an abrasion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
When did you get the Canon Paul? Surprised Which one is it 1.2/1.4/1.8 ??
Great lens. I'm making two of the 1.2's into a user. The rear group of one is fogged in the cement. The front element of the other has an abrasion.

Paul, I agree with Andy, a direct comparison would really be interesting.

Andy, I really hope you won't like the 1.2 and sell it to me cheap Wink I just picked up a collapsible LTM Canon 50/1.9 today, always wanted to have a collapsible one and can't affort a Summaron or Summarit in the condition I'd like. But the 50/1.2 would be a perfect addition to may small collection Smile

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the canon last week. i really like it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, his Canon is 50/1.8 so described at photo #3. This lens is the best
50mm LTM lens ever made in Japan, so many people say.

I do not use it much, Canon 50/1.2 is much more fun to use.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have finished my tripod test of the three lenses. hope to report next week. i used each lens within 5 minutes of the other to get as similar light as possible, bw400cn film. perhaps this will be more telling ...